MozillaZine

keyconfig 20110522

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
robertmarley

Post Posted June 6th, 2008, 1:53 pm

@leafdude:
I don't think it really matters, but what you said has already been said on the previous page in this post
I know it from myself, that you don't always have time to read the last couple of pages...
Maybe it would be great it dorando edited his post #1 on page 1 to say something about Firefox 3, but I understand if he doesn't wanna do it. I just think that it is really great that he is still doing support for this ad-on, thumbs up! :D

leafdude

Post Posted June 9th, 2008, 6:34 am

Blah! :-( Oh, well. Still a great add-on! A thousand thanks to Dorando!

robertmarley

Post Posted June 12th, 2008, 7:30 am

Hey...
Just found out that as of 2008-06-09, a working 'functions for keyconfig' version 1.3.13 for FF3 is now available.
This is the shortcuts from it I am currently using:
f4kc_CopyCurrentTitle = Copy current document title to clipboard, My shortcut: ALT+CTRL+T
f4kc_CopyCurrentURI = Copy current URI to clipboard, My shortcut: ALT+CTRL+Y
f4kc_NextTab = Focus to the next tab, My shortcut: ALT+CTRL+Right Arrow
f4kc_PageInfo = Open "Page Info", My shortcut: CTRL+I (because of that I will uninstall Page Info Button add-on after having posted this post)
f4kc_PrevTab = Focus to the prev tab, My shortcut: ALT+CTRL+Left Arrow
Chill

Edit: I have just discovered that it is possible to use the functions of the EZNav add-on with keyboard shortcuts :O. After you have installed EZNav, just go into Keyconfig manager (CTRL+SHIFT+F12) and add these new keys into it. Absolutely fantastic I think :). I think it should have been informed about on the EZNav AO site...
Now I also have these keys:
ez_NumUp = Increment numbered URLs, My shortcut: CTRL+SHIFT+Up Arrow
ez_NumDown = Decrement numbered URLs, My shortcut: CTRL+SHIFT+Down Arrow
ez_UpOneLevel = Go up in the URL hierarchy, My shortcut: ALT+CTRL+Up Arrow (I know that 'functions for keyconfig' also provide this function, but it doesn't provide the 3 other ones)
ez_TopLevel = Go directly to the domain level of the current website, My shortcut: CTRL+ALT+H
This is also great because, though I learned about EZNav a long time ago, I didn't install it. Both because it doesn't give you any keyboard shortcuts, but also because I use the Combine Stop/Reload buttons userstyle (saves me from an additional counterpart add-on) and therefore I couldn't use one of the functions... Now I can :)
(It works for FF3RC2)
Edit2: Also using the Cycle Input Focus add-on, you'll get two additional functions:
cycleinputfocus_next = Go to first/next input form/box, My shortcut: ALT+SHIFT+Right Arrow (I know that 'functions for keyconfig' also provide this function, but it doesn't provide the other one)
cycleinputfocus_previous = Go to last/previous input form/box, My shortcut: ALT+SHIFT+Left Arrow
Edit3: Just found out the Keyconfig shortcut code to Toggle AKA show/hide the Bookmarks Toolbar, guide is here. That is very nice along with the Hide Menubar add-on to toggle the menubar, which gives you a (special) ALT shortcut, which only show/hides the menubar when when you release that ALT-button only. Not by pressing ALT+CTRL+Up Button for instance (BTW you can right-click on the bar and in the context menu choose "Mainmenu Toolbar" to keep the menubar from autohiding).
Do you guys know other key codes for other add-ons or functions that in that way can get a keyboard shortcut, even though they didn't gave you one after having installed them?
Last edited by robertmarley on July 7th, 2008, 4:58 am, edited 6 times in total.

lakrsrool

Post Posted June 13th, 2008, 6:39 am

I currently have keyconfig 20060828.1 according to add-ons (tools>add-ons). I had installed keyconfig a few days ago and just 2 days ago there was an update to the from the version I had installed not long ago to the current version that I SUCCESSFULLY installed.

Today I was told there is another update to install but it failed to install with the following error message:

Firefox could not install the file at
http://mozilla.dorando.at/keyconfig.xpi
because: Invalid file hash (possible download corruption)

Since the update installed okay just 2 days ago maybe the current version that did install has a problem.

I use dial-up if this matters (but again the update just 2 days ago worked fine).

Is there a web page showing all of the update information as far as changes to keyconfig?

Can anyone please advise, thanks

robertmarley

Post Posted June 13th, 2008, 8:39 am

@lakrsrool: Seems to me like you are using FF3 and have installed the Keyconfig for FF3. I say so, beacuse I have done that, and the 'Add-ons' windows says that the version of Keyconfig I have is also 20060828.1 ...
Fine... Then it seems like 'Add-ons' window has told you that a update was available at http://mozilla.dorando.at/keyconfig.xpi , but as we know, that version hosted there is not compatible with FF3. Therefore it wouldn't install and gave you the message it did. Just ignore the update notification...

lakrsrool

Post Posted June 13th, 2008, 9:45 am

^ Actually I am using FF2 (I cannot use FF3 since I have WIN98) and installed the only keyconfig that I could see that was compatible with FF2 when I installed it a few days ago.

I used the download link for Keyconfig 20060828 that said it was for FF1.0-3.0 to do the initial install of the add-on...

Where it says:
A bumped version of Keyconfig 20060828 made by Dorando can be found here:
Size: 14KB
Date: 2007-01-11
Compatibility: thunderbird.png 1.0 - 3.0.0.* firefox.png 1.0 - 3.0.0.* sunbird.png 0.3a1+ - 0.3a1+ [nvu] 1.0 - 1.0

link: http://forum.addonsmirror.net/index.php?showtopic=255

Notice the reference to "firefox.png 1.0 - 3.0.0.*"... other downloads on the page only referenced firefox 1.5.

As far as the update failure as I posted keyconfig had told me to update just a day or two ago and that worked without a problem. If I'm not mistaken this made keyconfig 20060828.1 instead of 20060828 which I had originally installed (could be wrong here but that's my impression).

Today I get the same message but it failed with the error I posted above.

Any ideas?

robertmarley

Post Posted June 15th, 2008, 6:56 am

@lakrsrool:
lakrsrool wrote:^ Actually I am using FF2 (I cannot use FF3 since I have WIN98)
(...)
Notice the reference to "firefox.png 1.0 - 3.0.0.*"

Ahh I see :)
[stuff that doesn't regard you (lakrsrool), start]
Okay.. I dugg a little further into the issue, and have found out that it seems like dorando finally have released a new official version of Keyconfig which is compatible with FF3 = yah... prove:
http://mozilla.dorando.at/old/ wrote: keyconfig-20080611.xpi ________ 11-Jun-2008 12:52 14k

(I tested that new version out, and can confirm that it works on FF3RC2, in contrary to all previous official releases)
So this is pretty new stuff... nice. Also seems like he has just edited his first post in this thread:
#1 on first page in this thead wrote:Last edited by dorando on 12 Jun 2008 01:33 am

Can't figure out what he has changed in it though, due to the fact that the new forum, conflict with old forums code style tags (for the record:I have just updated my 2cond last post to work in this new forum)
Doesn't seems like the new .xpi version has been updated on the Keyconfig AO site, but maybe its because it isn't dorando which maintains that, as the publisher on the AO site is called 'Acey99'...
Anyway, now finally we can again just link to dorando's site for a working version for FF3 as the keyconfig.xpi on the frontpage is the new one compatible with FF3
[stuff that doesn't regard you (lakrsrool), end]

But to answer your issue lakrsrool:
If what you're saying is that the newest version of Keyconfig hosted on dorando's site doesn't work/won't install on FF2, then:
For a version for FF2, try out the older versions of Keyconfig on this page: http://mozilla.dorando.at/old/ .
Don't use the ones from addonsmirror.net as more versions and newer ones are available from official sources
Cheers

apotheossis

Post Posted June 21st, 2008, 7:43 pm

Hello! I am not sure if people are still answering questions regarding the code/scripts for to creating custom keys, but I'll try my luck anyway.

What I'm looking for a way to focus on the next element like how the key TAB can change the focus from the address bar to the search bar to the sidebar to the tabs to the content (or however you set up your layout on Firefox). I looked through a list of cmd_* but none of those seem to simulate what I want. I know there are functions such as openlocation() and _content.focus() to focus on a specific element, but I would rather have a script for moving to the next and previous element like TAB and SHIFT+TAB.

Thanks for any help ahead of time!

Bryan84

Post Posted June 24th, 2008, 5:35 am

One question ... I am using:

gBrowser.selectedTab = gBrowser.addTab('http://mail.google.com');

trying to bind to my F10. But it just won't work. Others from F1 - F12 works. But why not F10? I notice when I press F10, the "File" on my tool bar is being highlighted.

It was working previously.

tonymec

Post Posted June 24th, 2008, 7:34 am

Bryan84 wrote:One question ... I am using:

gBrowser.selectedTab = gBrowser.addTab('http://mail.google.com');

trying to bind to my F10. But it just won't work. Others from F1 - F12 works. But why not F10? I notice when I press F10, the "File" on my tool bar is being highlighted.

On some systems, F10 is the Menu key. Check your keyconfig settings to see if that key is not already assigned to something (not by you but by the system).
Best regards,
Tony

Bryan84

Post Posted June 24th, 2008, 9:42 am

Ermm nothing on F10 is clashing.

tonymec

Post Posted June 24th, 2008, 10:44 am

Bryan84 wrote:Ermm nothing on F10 is clashing.

Then maybe it's the OS rather than the browser? In that case I'm afraid all you can do is select a different key (such as F12) -- or the same key with different modifiers (such as Shift-F10)
Best regards,
Tony

Bryan84

Post Posted June 24th, 2008, 6:18 pm

That's what I found it strange too because even when I did a Shift+F10 or Shift+Ctrl+F10, it refuse to load. Strangeeee

dorando

Post Posted June 28th, 2008, 2:30 am

mrwoody wrote:What is the code to "switch to next/previous tab" ?
Next Tab
Code: Select all
gBrowser.mTabContainer.advanceSelectedTab(1,true);  
Previous Tab
gBrowser.mTabContainer.advanceSelectedTab(-1,true);  

mrwoody wrote:Is there any good doc to find this kind of info?
The Mozilla Developer Center has some Code snippets and other content. The gBrowser is a tabbrowser (mTabContainer and tabContainer are the same currently) for example.

Otherwise use DOM Inspector and Mozilla Cross-Reference.

apotheossis wrote:What I'm looking for a way to focus on the next element like how the key TAB can change the focus from the address bar to the search bar to the sidebar to the tabs to the content (or however you set up your layout on Firefox).
commandDispatcher.advanceFocus();  
and
commandDispatcher.rewindFocus();  

lakrsrool wrote:I currently have keyconfig 20060828.1 according to add-ons (tools>add-ons). I had installed keyconfig a few days ago and just 2 days ago there was an update to the from the version I had installed not long ago to the current version that I SUCCESSFULLY installed.

Today I was told there is another update to install but it failed to install with the following error message
Assumable the error occurred because the previously downloaded file was still in the cache. I've modified my server configurations so that should hopefully not happen anymore. The current version (20080611) should work with the latest Firefox 2 release.

Bryan84 wrote:trying to bind to my F10. But it just won't work. Others from F1 - F12 works. But why not F10? I notice when I press F10, the "File" on my tool bar is being highlighted.

[...]

That's what I found it strange too because even when I did a Shift+F10 or Shift+Ctrl+F10, it refuse to load. Strangeeee
F10 should be passed back to OS on Windows if there is a "native menu bar", but since it worked previously (is you menubar hidden?) and it shouldn't be passed back if the Shift key is down (Shift+F10 and Shift+Ctrl+F10 work for me) something else might be wrong (maybe another extension?).

BTW note that F7 might turn on/off caret browsing, so you might want to add
gBrowser.mPrefs.setBoolPref("accessibility.browsewithcaret",
!
gBrowser.mPrefs.getBoolPref("accessibility.browsewithcaret")); 
to it.

lexluthor

Post Posted July 2nd, 2008, 4:34 am

Is there any way to remap Ctrl-Tab to Alt-X?

Any help is appreciated.

Return to Extension/Theme Releases