MozillaZine

Thunderbird Freezes

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
i_am_jim

Post Posted February 13th, 2020, 7:46 pm

This is a little long but I don't know what details to leave out.

My last posts were about trying to get gmail to work.

I had a gmail account in the past but it was gone from the list of accounts so I assumed TB had deleted it because it no longer worked. So, when I figured out how to make gmail work I created an account. When I tried to configure the server settings (how often to check mail, how long to leave on server, etc.) it wouldn't let me, saying there was a duplicate account. While trying to see if I was doing something wrong I looked at the server settings for an account that worked. While I was doing this I moved the slider in the window on the left with the various setting , the one that lists all the accounts, up and down and discovered the old gmail account. The one that had stopped appearing in the regular list of accounts. So, I deleted it. But, when I did, my main account was also deleted and maybe others but I was so upset I wasn't interested. The account deleted was the one with something like 17 identities. But, I have multiple backups so I chose one from when everything was working correctly before I added the second gmail account and restored the profile. Now for some reason it freezes after starting it and using it for a few steps or a minute -- I'm not sure whether it's activity or time. I have to use Task Manager to kill it and start again.

In Task Manager it says TB is "Suspended"

tanstaafl

Post Posted February 13th, 2020, 11:14 pm

Try uninstalling your anti-virus software, reboot and rely upon Windows Defender (for the moment). Does that workaround the problem? If it does then you need to choose different anti-virus software.

i_am_jim

Post Posted February 14th, 2020, 8:09 am

Thanks, I'll give that a try. But remember, it was working properly before I deleted the gmail account. What I'm running now is an exact copy of the profile that was running before the addition of the second gmail account.

Return to Thunderbird Support