MozillaZine

Dear devs, let me give you a heads-up

For discussing the Mozilla Calendar, Sunbird and Lightning projects.
Wan-Hi

Post Posted April 1st, 2005, 12:57 pm

Just wanted to drop a quick message and tell you that you have done an amazing job with Sunbird so far.

I've never considered a calendar tool useful at all, but this one seemed to have changed my mind. It's so easy to use, I found out the most important features in like 5 minutes or so.

Will Sunbird ever support the "-profilemanager" argument like tbird and fox? I'd highly appreciate it if you could integrate this feature as I use to save all Mozilla related profiles on a separate hard disk.

Wan-Hi

P.S.: Are there any images or icons the community can use to promote Sunbird on websites?

mikeymike

Post Posted April 1st, 2005, 1:34 pm

there's a workaround for this problem - use an older build of Sunbird, then the newer one. It has worked for me (though I'm still using the old one due to showstopper multi-calendar bugs in the new one).

Rod Whiteley

Post Posted April 2nd, 2005, 2:15 am

I tried -profilemanager, and it seems to work. I must put in in the help, even if it only works in some releases. Edit: I've put it in the help, here.

Yes, there are some Marketing Materials (found on the project's Links page).
Rod

Wan-Hi

Post Posted April 2nd, 2005, 12:45 pm

Rod Whiteley wrote:I tried -profilemanager, and it seems to work. I must put in in the help, even if it only works in some releases. Edit: I've put it in the help, here.

Yes, there are some Marketing Materials (found on the project's Links page).

"-profilemanager" does not work with Sunbird 0.2 on WindowsXP SP2. Actually it doesn't seem to support multiple profiles at all. But there is a work-around for storing a profile folder somewhere else than the default location. Let me post a guide.

Thank you for the link with the marketing materials.

Edit: I posted the guide here.

Return to Calendar