MozillaZine

Book marks

Discussion of general topics about Mozilla Firefox
jstooch

Post Posted September 30th, 2017, 3:04 pm

Hi ,the option for putting book marks in a desired folder seems to have gone from the bookmarks drop down menu. Is there another way to do it that I am not aware of ?

Thanks,

Brummelchen

Post Posted October 1st, 2017, 1:49 am

sorry, currently not. its discussed in the "add bookmark here" threads.

Mark12547

Post Posted October 1st, 2017, 9:45 am

jstooch wrote:Hi ,the option for putting book marks in a desired folder seems to have gone from the bookmarks drop down menu. Is there another way to do it that I am not aware of ?

Thanks,

Are you referring to clicking on the 5-pointed outline of the star to save the bookmark? If so, the pop-up panel gives you the folder option right under the name you can assign to the bookmark, with a few options if you click on the folder name, one of which is "Choose..." that allows you to place the bookmark anywhere in your Bookmarks folder structure. Alternatively, instead of clicking on the folder and selecting "Choose...", you can click on the down-caret to the far right to see the folder structure of your bookmarks and you can use that to click on the folder where you want to have the bookmark added.

Alternatively, you can click on the "Show Sidebars" icon. If the sidebar doesn't have bookmarks, you can click on the label at top of the sidebars and pick Bookmarks. If the folder where you want the bookmark is in a subfolder, you can open the parent folder to show the subfolder. With the target folder showing, you can drag from the (i) in the address bar to the sidebar and onto the folder where you want the bookmark to be located, and release the mouse.

Alternatively, if you have opened the Bookmarks Library (e. g., Ctrl+Shift+B), you can make sure the target folder is visible and won't be hidden when you click on the main Firefox window, and again drag from the (i) on the Address Bar to the desired folder.

Alternatively, if you have the Bookmarks Toolbar showing, and if you have a folder on that toolbar, you can drag from the (i) in the Address Bar to that folder and, since that folder will expand when the dragging mouse hovers over it, you can then create the bookmark in that folder or any folder under that folder by dragging the bookmark and dropping it where you want. You can even select where in the folder the bookmark should appear.

I'm about evenly split between the first and last methods mentioned here, so I ended up rearranging my bookmarks to be in a folder (or rather a folder structure) that lives on the Bookmarks Toolbar, the rest of the bookmarks visible on the bookmarks toolbar are for websites I access multiple times a day.

Return to Firefox General