MozillaZine

phoenix won't lauch whenthe java plugin is installed

Discussion of general topics about Mozilla Firefox
imranj

Post Posted November 6th, 2002, 5:47 am

Well see i have java 1.4.0 in linux mandrake , browser is as u know is phoenix 0.4, the problem is i tried all means to installing the java plugin in the plugins directory, which actually works in mozilla 1.1 and also over here.
So when i link it to the plugins directory the phoenix browser won't start and when i remove the plugin it works, perfectly fine and this problem is their only with this plugin.

So what could the problem be and should i be upgrading to the new java vm 1.4.1 to make it work here.

audioaficionado

Post Posted November 7th, 2002, 4:37 pm

imranj wrote:Well see i have java 1.4.0 in linux mandrake , browser is as u know is phoenix 0.4, the problem is i tried all means to installing the java plugin in the plugins directory, which actually works in mozilla 1.1 and also over here.
So when i link it to the plugins directory the phoenix browser won't start and when i remove the plugin it works, perfectly fine and this problem is their only with this plugin.

So what could the problem be and should i be upgrading to the new java vm 1.4.1 to make it work here.

I don't know about Linux, but in 98lite OS I didn't do a thing with my Sun jrt 1.4.1_01 file. All three of my browsers Opera 6.05, Mozilla 1.1 and Phoenix 0.4 just use it by looking it up in it's installed directory. When I last updated the jrt, the browsers started using the most recent version automaticly. I deleted the older directory without any adverse effects.

Since you say it works perfectly fine without a forced association, try just using it as is. If you're getting java scripting errors, that might be another issue.
8) Windows: XPproSP2
8) Gentoo & Overclockix Live CD
8) Latest Firefox of course

Cya later,
Steve

kbgaddis

Post Posted November 10th, 2002, 3:50 pm

I have had this same problem... delete your profile, or move it to a backup directory, restart phoenix, and reinstall the java plugin. you can then shut down phoenix and restore your bookmark.html and cookie files if you want.

Return to Firefox General