MozillaZine

Title Bar - change?

Discussion of general topics about Mozilla Firefox
thenightfly42

User avatar
 
Posts: 983
Joined: November 5th, 2002, 8:03 am

Post Posted December 3rd, 2002, 2:43 pm

I'm on a Windows machine, using TBE to force Phoenix into Single Window Mode. When I look at the titlebar or the taskbar, I see "MozillaZine :: Post a new topic - Phoenix", which is the page title followed by the program name. I'd like to either reverse this (so that it reads "Phoenix - MozillaZine :: Post a new topic") or even eliminate the title altogether (just reading "Phoenix").

(I seem to remember someone asking this already, but for the life of me I can't find it on this forum.)

Zaphod

User avatar
 
Posts: 175
Joined: November 22nd, 2002, 12:07 am
Location: Munich, DE\Europe

Post Posted December 3rd, 2002, 3:07 pm

ACK! I think it would make sense to reverse the order of this elements.

alanjstr
Moderator

User avatar
 
Posts: 9100
Joined: November 5th, 2002, 4:43 pm
Location: Anywhere but here

Post Posted December 3rd, 2002, 6:05 pm

thenightfly42 wrote:I'm on a Windows machine, using TBE to force Phoenix into Single Window Mode. When I look at the titlebar or the taskbar, I see "MozillaZine :: Post a new topic - Phoenix", which is the page title followed by the program name. I'd like to either reverse this (so that it reads "Phoenix - MozillaZine :: Post a new topic") or even eliminate the title altogether (just reading "Phoenix").

(I seem to remember someone asking this already, but for the life of me I can't find it on this forum.)


I guess you haven't noticed that this is how Netscape and IE do it. Probably Opera too. Not to mention being able to look at the Taskbar and being able to see the title of the page (at least partially) instead of "Phoenix ..."

thenightfly42

User avatar
 
Posts: 983
Joined: November 5th, 2002, 8:03 am

Post Posted December 3rd, 2002, 7:01 pm

alanjstr wrote:I guess you haven't noticed that this is how Netscape and IE do it. Probably Opera too. Not to mention being able to look at the Taskbar and being able to see the title of the page (at least partially) instead of "Phoenix ..."

On the contrary, I am aware of this in IE and Opera. I also notice that Microsoft Word and Excel have the opposite behavior. I realize that the way Phoenix presently behaves is preferable to most users, and therefore I'm not submitting this as a bug/feature request.

Nonetheless, I'd like to change the behavior on my system, so I thought I'd ask. Since different applications handle the title bar differently, I thought there might be a way to toggle the display behavior.

old Neil Parks
Moderator
 
Posts: 0
Joined: December 31st, 1969, 5:00 pm

Post Posted December 3rd, 2002, 7:20 pm

AFAIK, the title display simply shows whatever the "title" attribute of the page contains.

E. G.:

<title>MozillaZine :: View topic - Title Bar - change?</title>

<title>MozillaZine :: Post a reply</title>

thenightfly42

User avatar
 
Posts: 983
Joined: November 5th, 2002, 8:03 am

Post Posted December 3rd, 2002, 7:28 pm

Neil Parks wrote:AFAIK, the title display simply shows whatever the "title" attribute of the page contains.
E. G.:
<title>MozillaZine :: View topic - Title Bar - change?</title>
<title>MozillaZine :: Post a reply</title>

No, or at least not on Windows. It is the page name as you say, followed by a hyphen and then the browser name (Phoenix in this case, at least for now...)

Return to Firefox General


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests