MozillaZine

SeaMonkey 2.43a1

Discussion about Seamonkey builds
fabrixx2

User avatar
 
Posts: 56
Joined: January 3rd, 2010, 6:32 am

Post Posted December 15th, 2015, 3:30 pm

SeaMonkey 2.43a1 is out. Just compiled in Arch x64.

Anynone tested this build?

Pim

User avatar
 
Posts: 2198
Joined: May 17th, 2004, 2:04 pm
Location: Netherlands

Post Posted December 16th, 2015, 1:28 pm

I've just downloaded it from the latest-comm-central-trunk and one thing I notice is the profile switcher doesn't work. It complains about malformed XML in one of the xul files.
Groetjes, Pim

therube

User avatar
 
Posts: 16898
Joined: March 10th, 2004, 9:59 pm
Location: Maryland USA

Post Posted December 16th, 2015, 1:37 pm

Perhaps related, New: about:profiles.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript

fabrixx2

User avatar
 
Posts: 56
Joined: January 3rd, 2010, 6:32 am

Post Posted December 16th, 2015, 1:47 pm

Pim wrote:I've just downloaded it from the latest-comm-central-trunk and one thing I notice is the profile switcher doesn't work. It complains about malformed XML in one of the xul files.



In my version profile manger works well.

Pim

User avatar
 
Posts: 2198
Joined: May 17th, 2004, 2:04 pm
Location: Netherlands

Post Posted December 16th, 2015, 2:01 pm

about:profiles shows, OK. But it has no "switch to this profile" buttons.

Tools -> Switch Profile gives an error saying undefined entity
Location: chrome://communicator/content/profile/profileSelection.xul

Same with starting SeaMonkey with -P or -ProfileManager on the command line.

Running SeaMonkey -P "name of profile" does work though.

This is with build ID 20151216003001
Groetjes, Pim

fabrixx2

User avatar
 
Posts: 56
Joined: January 3rd, 2010, 6:32 am

Post Posted December 16th, 2015, 2:41 pm

my about:profiles not work.
Maybe i have yesterday version..

therube

User avatar
 
Posts: 16898
Joined: March 10th, 2004, 9:59 pm
Location: Maryland USA

Post Posted December 17th, 2015, 8:02 am

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript

tonymec

User avatar
 
Posts: 679
Joined: October 15th, 2004, 2:58 am
Location: Schaerbeek (near Brussels, Belgium)

Post Posted January 10th, 2016, 3:06 am

UA:"Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:46.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/46.0 SeaMonkey/2.43a1"
ID:20160109003001 en-US
c-c:4f4f6a3674c9e16efacf62fd8963c8be5a31b07c
m-c:0f363ae95dc90d593394ef464aa500804c824962

In this nightly and in the previous one, "Add-ons Manager - Version Number" completely breaks the add-on manager when enabled, even after the upgrade to AMVM 1.0.7 which happened in order to fix the same problem in Firefox 46.0a1 (and did).

Workaround:
1. Downgrade to SeaMonkey 2.43a1 dated 2016-01-07 or earlier.
2. Disable "Add-ons Manager - Version Number"
3. Reinstall and restart the latest SeaMonkey Nightly.
This is a workaround, not a fix. The fix will (probably) have to come from the author of AMVM.
Best regards,
Tony

therube

User avatar
 
Posts: 16898
Joined: March 10th, 2004, 9:59 pm
Location: Maryland USA

Post Posted January 10th, 2016, 6:52 am

"Add-ons Manager - Version Number" completely breaks

Pretty sure that was a general breakage, with FF also affected.

Yes, viewtopic.php?p=14467763#p14467763.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript

tonymec

User avatar
 
Posts: 679
Joined: October 15th, 2004, 2:58 am
Location: Schaerbeek (near Brussels, Belgium)

Post Posted January 10th, 2016, 5:50 pm

tonymec wrote:UA:"Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:46.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/46.0 SeaMonkey/2.43a1"
ID:20160109003001 en-US
c-c:4f4f6a3674c9e16efacf62fd8963c8be5a31b07c
m-c:0f363ae95dc90d593394ef464aa500804c824962

In this nightly and in the previous one, "Add-ons Manager - Version Number" completely breaks the add-on manager when enabled, even after the upgrade to AMVM 1.0.7 which happened in order to fix the same problem in Firefox 46.0a1 (and did).

Workaround:
1. Downgrade to SeaMonkey 2.43a1 dated 2016-01-07 or earlier.
2. Disable "Add-ons Manager - Version Number"
3. Reinstall and restart the latest SeaMonkey Nightly.
This is a workaround, not a fix. The fix will (probably) have to come from the author of AMVM.

therube wrote:
"Add-ons Manager - Version Number" completely breaks

Pretty sure that was a general breakage, with FF also affected.

Yes, viewtopic.php?p=14467763#p14467763.

It was fixed in Firefox, as I said in the part of my previous post coloured above in red, by upgrading AMVM to version 1.0.7.

Since then, I wrote to AMVM's author, who is on Windows where the latest SeaMonkey trunk build is a 2.42a1 dated November 11, and he published an update numbered 1.0.8, which only partly cures the problem:
  • Version numbers are back, and descriptions are visible again.
  • All add-ons are shown with "(disabled)" but none of them is greyed out
  • All add-ons have all of [Options] [Enable] [Disable] [Remove] [Ask to Activate|▼] including a lot of widgets (usually two or three per add-on) which have no business being there, and "Options" instead of "Preferences". But at least enable/disable functionality has come back.
Update: AMVN version 1.0.9 finally fixes even the above problem.

There are other regressions starting at that same date of 2016-01-08:
  • Bug 1238189: Trying to access http://www.w3.org/TR/html5/ in the browser gives a solid crash somewhere in MailNews, even though (or maybe because) the 3-pane window has not been started. The Firefox 46.0a1 of the same build date doesn't crash, but displays the page correctly AFAICT, and so do all my other browsers (Lynx, Konqueror, Opera).
  • Bug 1238400: Bookmarks and history windows and sidebar are empty (but the bookmarks menu is OK).
Best regards,
Tony

Return to SeaMonkey Builds


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest