MozillaZine

Win 7 Taskbar List Close glitch?

Discussion of bugs in Seamonkey
ianisthewalrus

Post Posted February 27th, 2016, 2:16 am

Hello all,

I am experiencing some strange behavior with my seamonkey installation (2.39) on windows 7. When I hover over the seamonkey group on my taskbar, i get a list of all of my open pages. Great! And as I hover over the list, each item I am over pops up a red "X" in the far right to close the window. All is normal. But if I click that red X, the window does not close. Instead, the window reverts to a state where no page is loaded, and their is no history to go back to via the back button (similar to if you just opened a new window, and had a blank homepage). This behavior also happens if i right click the window selection from the taskbar list and select "Close". That window is not closed and removed from the list as would be expected. I can easily close the window by calling it into the foreground and going to the top right of the window bar as normal, even after this occurs, but the simple close from taskbar is broken for me. Is this a common issue?

I hope I am clear in my explanation. If not, I can take some screenshots.

Thanks!

therube

Post Posted February 27th, 2016, 9:08 am

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript

ianisthewalrus

Post Posted February 27th, 2016, 10:41 am

YES!

Thank you. The about:config hack solves the issue. Odd that it has been such a longstanding issue, and it just needs to ship with a different default value?

Return to SeaMonkey Bugs