MozillaZine

some tables don't render in win32 user accounts?

Discussion of bugs in Seamonkey
Neon
 
Posts: 30
Joined: November 4th, 2002, 9:14 pm
Location: North Texas, USA

Post Posted December 12th, 2002, 7:49 pm

Not sure if this is a bug, or how to categorize it, so please suggest whether this should go to Bugzilla.
Using Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:1.2.1 Gecko/20021130

Go to any of these sites with tables:
http://gofrogs.ocsn.com/sports/m-baskbl ... sched.html
http://umterps.ocsn.com/sports/m-baskbl ... sched.html
http://www.iuhoosiers.com/mensbasketball/schedule/

The table does not render at all, and the page becomes either very long or very wide, with the corresponding scrollbar flush top/left.

This happens on the same Windows 2000 SP3 installation of Mozilla, ONLY when logged into user accounts. The administrator account displays the tables properly.

At first I thought corrupt profile, but if a new profile is created in the user account, it still renders incorrectly.

scb147

User avatar
 
Posts: 72
Joined: November 12th, 2002, 10:37 am
Location: Cranberry Township, Pennsylvania, USA

Post Posted December 13th, 2002, 12:55 pm

Neon wrote:Not sure if this is a bug, or how to categorize it, so please suggest whether this should go to Bugzilla.
Using Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:1.2.1 Gecko/20021130

Go to any of these sites with tables:
http://gofrogs.ocsn.com/sports/m-baskbl ... sched.html
http://umterps.ocsn.com/sports/m-baskbl ... sched.html
http://www.iuhoosiers.com/mensbasketball/schedule/

The table does not render at all, and the page becomes either very long or very wide, with the corresponding scrollbar flush top/left.

This happens on the same Windows 2000 SP3 installation of Mozilla, ONLY when logged into user accounts. The administrator account displays the tables properly.

At first I thought corrupt profile, but if a new profile is created in the user account, it still renders incorrectly.


I'm using a user account on a Windows 2000 SP3 machine and all three of the links render the tables fine. I'm not using the installer build, so I don't know if that is why mine works or not. I'm using the zip talkback build of 1.2.1.

Neon
 
Posts: 30
Joined: November 4th, 2002, 9:14 pm
Location: North Texas, USA

Post Posted December 13th, 2002, 6:35 pm

I have almost always used the installer builds, including this time. Is the installation handled differently in the zip and installer builds?

herman
 
Posts: 1034
Joined: November 7th, 2002, 3:45 pm

Post Posted December 14th, 2002, 7:04 am

Neon wrote:I have almost always used the installer builds, including this time. Is the installation handled differently in the zip and installer builds?


I´m using zip builds on Win98 and Win98SE. I changed to zip builds, when I had trouble with installer builds, some months ago.
Advantage zip build: you don´t have to deinstall, just delete the folder.
If you don´t want to lose plugIns, you´ve got to save the plugins folder.
After downloading, I rename my old mozilla programme folder (bin) ,
then unzip the new. Unzipping creates a new folder bin with subfolders and files. A zero-length file .autoreg assures that mozilla updates it´s component registry at the next start of mozilla.
If unzipping was successful, I delete the old folder, otherwise I just rename it back ( to bin ).

herman

amr
Moderator

User avatar
 
Posts: 1671
Joined: December 11th, 2002, 9:01 am
Location: Indiana, USA

Post Posted December 14th, 2002, 7:18 am

herman wrote:I´m using zip builds on Win98 and Win98SE. I changed to zip builds, when I had trouble with installer builds, some months ago.


I use 98SE...did you mean you had trouble installing, or just running the installer builds in general?

Return to SeaMonkey Bugs


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest