MozillaZine

This bug needs some notice: CC list has no one

Discussion of bugs in Seamonkey
CappuchinoMan

Post Posted December 7th, 2002, 9:35 am

New windows generated (as opposed to new tabs) oftentimes move themselves to the left after they initially show up on the taskbar. They "slide" themselves over after about a second, and they put themselves near other Mozilla taskbar buttons, sometimes to the left of an existing one and sometimes to the right. This is a confusing and very annoying situation. No one has confirmed their experiencing of this bug yet.

Open Mozilla, then open another program. Then go back to Mozilla and try right clicking on a link of a web page and choosing to open in new window. Observe whether the new windows button moves over to the left.

CappuchinoMan

Post Posted December 7th, 2002, 9:36 am

herman

Post Posted December 7th, 2002, 10:14 am

I´ve looked at this bug:

------- Additional Comment #3 From Jay Davis 2002-12-06 18:09 -------

Any new window that I select with right click and choose "Open link in new
window" is shifting over past the other opened Mozilla or non-Mozilla windows, and oftentimes to the left of a current opened Mozilla window. Very annoying behavior!

That must be your bug!
And it should get fixed now!

It doesn´t help if hundreds of people are adding themselves to the CC-list.
You need people which know the code, can suggest where to patch.

herman

CappuchinoMan

Post Posted December 7th, 2002, 10:45 am

I just wanted a few people to check the bug for me (since it appears it *might* have slipped through due to inadequate description or *something*). And of those few people who check it, maybe a qualified person who experiences the bug who *should* be or wants to be on the CC list will make themselves the first person on it. That's all I'm saying.

Now really, too many people read all posts as emotional or demanding or selfish. I suspect this comes from a little phenomenon like transference.

CappuchinoMan

Post Posted December 7th, 2002, 7:11 pm

It must be something about my system or others would have pointed out that they are seeing this.

Return to SeaMonkey Bugs