MozillaZine

Small Frame opens at Mozilla Start

Discussion of bugs in Seamonkey
Retep

Post Posted November 29th, 2002, 8:02 am

When starting my computer in the morning, Mozilla is set to start automatically. Nearly every time it happens, that before any other Mozilla frame, a little empty frame - 5x4 cm - opens, without any designation except a Windows logo on the left side of the path line. The other frames set to open - Navigator and Mail - follow suit. Closing this unknown frame results in crash of Mozilla at first operation in any other Mozilla frame. Only way around is to close Mozilla in the file menu and open it again.
I run Mozilla 1.3a - Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Win98; en-US; rv:1.3a) Gecko/20021123, but have observed this behaviour also on earlier versions.
Any hints what to do. TIA

Rick Bull

Post Posted November 29th, 2002, 8:31 am

By "frame" do you mean a window? If so is there any text in the window if you resize it? Sometimes you get those if there is (for example) a missing language (e.g. page is in Japanese but you don't have support on your PC).

Retep

Post Posted November 29th, 2002, 5:08 pm

Hi Rick,
No. The window (thats what I ment with frame - sorry for my poor English) is completely empty. You can do nothing else with it than enlarge, resize or delete.

uggi

Post Posted November 30th, 2002, 5:15 pm

I've seen those empty windows with some builds when the Mail & News was broken. I remember that deleting my profile fixed it.

Return to SeaMonkey Bugs