MozillaZine

New Theme: NASA Night Launch

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Megalith

Post Posted June 15th, 2016, 5:50 pm

I've been using the developer theme, which is partially dark. I could live with it if the menus weren't light gray.

MeWiseMagic

Post Posted June 18th, 2016, 8:32 pm

I know that mcdavis put a lot of effort and time in this over the years and it pains me to think that something has happened to him, but that's the only thing that makes sense. He wouldn't just abandon his theme and leave everyone hanging. He was far too classy to do that. I certainly hope that he's okay. We miss you mcdavis!!!

muddlingthrough

Post Posted June 19th, 2016, 6:17 am

He still seems to be active in Twitter (https://twitter.com/mcdavis941).

DaveImagery

Post Posted June 19th, 2016, 10:03 am

If Mozilla had an ounce of sense, they would subsidize NNL. If it no longer works for 48 and on, that will actually be a deal breaker for me. It'll be goodbye Firefox, hello shitty Chrome.

muddlingthrough

Post Posted June 19th, 2016, 2:43 pm

Just the opposite seems to be the case as Mozilla more than once said that they don´t like the complete themes in general for their (supposed) decrease of FF´s performance and increase of error rates. Instead they tell people to use those 'personas'.

If they only would offer some 'all dark' standard themes themselves but they don´t....

calmerthanthedude

Post Posted July 11th, 2016, 1:11 am

Guys it's easy to use the last version McDavis posted with FF48. I am using it right now. You can rename the .xpi to .zip and extract it, then modify the install.rdf files to allow installation on 48 and higher. McDavis posted on this thread how to do it when I asked him a while back, just look it up.

I'm running it on FF48 as I type this.

P.S.

There is an install.rdf inside the theme.jar file that needs to be modified as well for it to work.

Re-Zip it all back up, rename it to what it should be and you can basically re-create the .xpi that allows the higher version.

If everyone wants I can post my own that I made, not sure if I am allowed to do that here though.

mystik_

Post Posted July 11th, 2016, 1:26 am

calmerthanthedude wrote:Guys it's easy to use the last version McDavis posted with FF48. I am using it right now. You can rename the .xpi to .zip and extract it, then modify the install.rdf files to allow installation on 48 and higher. McDavis posted on this thread how to do it when I asked him a while back, just look it up.

I'm running it on FF48 as I type this.

P.S.

There is an install.rdf inside the theme.jar file that needs to be modified as well for it to work.

Re-Zip it all back up, rename it to what it should be and you can basically re-create the .xpi that allows the higher version.

If everyone wants I can post my own that I made, not sure if I am allowed to do that here though.

Would be great if you can post it here :P

Frank Lion

Post Posted July 11th, 2016, 2:15 am

mystik_ wrote:Would be great if you can post it here

World peace would be great too, but neither are going to happen any time soon - viewtopic.php?f=48&t=2737709
Metal Lion latest SeaMonkey & Thunderbird Themes - Sea Monkey and Silver Sea Monkey
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)

MeWiseMagic

Post Posted July 27th, 2016, 2:10 am

muddlingthrough wrote:He still seems to be active in Twitter (https://twitter.com/mcdavis941).

I sure hope so. I sent him two Tweets at around 4:05 am, 27th of July, and told him he's missed here. Hopefully he'll be back soon!!!

AdriaNnLa

Post Posted July 28th, 2016, 3:02 pm

Rue the day that NNL no longer functions in Fx.

Wouldn't blame McDavis at all for being frustrated with the recent and upcoming changes, and hope he & NNL development are able to survive them.

I've been using the ESR release of Fx for a while now; which if memory serves I was prompted to do so by an Fx rapid-release update breaking NNL. I'm wondering now though, if a 64-bit ver of Fx is available for Windoze, why am I not using it? There must be some reason, unless I just missed its arrival announcement. Does it break something? Does it break NNL?

Those of you running 64-bit machines/OS's, have you made the switch to 64-bit Fx - and if so what has been your experience? Or, if not, is there a reason that you have not yet made the switch?

DaveImagery

Post Posted August 1st, 2016, 1:44 pm

So far all seems fine with NNL in FF48. Of course I have to use the addon, "CheckCompatibility", but it works just fine.

muddlingthrough

Post Posted August 2nd, 2016, 5:31 am

Hmm, no, i have to report a first issue here: Suggestions taken from bookmarks or browser history when typing a letter into the address bar are now shown extremely(!!) huge. Doesn´t happen when using standard or other themes.

DaveImagery

Post Posted August 2nd, 2016, 12:32 pm

muddlingthrough wrote:Hmm, no, i have to report a first issue here: Suggestions taken from bookmarks or browser history when typing a letter into the address bar are now shown extremely(!!) huge. Doesn´t happen when using standard or other themes.

Indeed, I just noticed that myself. Bummer :cry:

Polim01

Post Posted August 2nd, 2016, 10:55 pm

DaveImagery wrote:
muddlingthrough wrote:Hmm, no, i have to report a first issue here: Suggestions taken from bookmarks or browser history when typing a letter into the address bar are now shown extremely(!!) huge. Doesn´t happen when using standard or other themes.

It's not an issue of NNL; like it or not, it's a new feature of Firefox 48, as you can see from

https://blog.mozilla.org/blog/2016/08/0 ... d-android/

DaveImagery

Post Posted August 3rd, 2016, 2:22 am

Polim01 wrote:
DaveImagery wrote:

It's not an issue of NNL; like it or not, it's a new feature of Firefox 48, as you can see from

https://blog.mozilla.org/blog/2016/08/0 ... d-android/

Wow, that's retarded. Thanks for updating us. I just hope an addon or some kind of hack comes out to change it back.

Return to Extension/Theme Releases