MozillaZine

[Ext] Add Bookmark Here ²

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
avada
 
Posts: 1847
Joined: February 10th, 2008, 6:30 am
Location: Hungary

Post Posted August 28th, 2019, 4:58 am

Brummelchen wrote:whatever author wrote - limit are the forum rules and those dont allow other links to extensions.
concerning legacy extensions there links ITW for collections but there is no direct link for some special allowed.

That's why I pointed out that the reasons of the rule are invalid for XUL addons.

Bob4K
 
Posts: 17
Joined: November 25th, 2016, 11:43 am

Post Posted August 28th, 2019, 5:09 am

malliz wrote:
avada wrote: (Also research the meaning of the word "stealing".)

Plagiarism make you happier?

Plagiarism means saying I wrote it, which I did not. English is only my third language, but it seems that I understand it better than you do.
I'm just helping people who NEED that version.
If you're holler than thou attitude makes that a sin, I'll burn in hell.
Happy now?

Frank Lion

User avatar
 
Posts: 20498
Joined: April 23rd, 2004, 6:59 pm
Location: ... The Exorcist....United Kingdom

Post Posted August 28th, 2019, 5:56 am

Bob4K wrote:
malliz wrote:
avada wrote: (Also research the meaning of the word "stealing".)

Plagiarism make you happier?

Plagiarism means saying I wrote it, which I did not.

OK, let's stick with stealing then.

You didn't get the licence for this extension right either, which is stated in the first post of this thread! It's under GPL, not CCL as you quoted.

https://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-3.0.en.html

Either way, this applies here - viewtopic.php?f=48&t=2737709 Don't like it, then go elsewhere.
Metal Lion latest SeaMonkey & Thunderbird Themes - Sea Monkey and Silver Sea Monkey
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)

Bob4K
 
Posts: 17
Joined: November 25th, 2016, 11:43 am

Post Posted August 28th, 2019, 6:38 am

I don't care what you think, people who need it will get it. It's been posted on numerous places, not by me initially, there is nothing that you can do to prevent people from using it. You can simmer on your soap box all you want, once it's on the Internet, all you need is Google.

Frank Lion

User avatar
 
Posts: 20498
Joined: April 23rd, 2004, 6:59 pm
Location: ... The Exorcist....United Kingdom

Post Posted August 28th, 2019, 7:07 am

Bob4K wrote:It's been posted on numerous places

Yeah, on the Legacy site for a start and that's a damn sight better place to get things, rather than off some lone random stranger on the net.

there is nothing that you can do to prevent people from using it.

What people use/don't use is of no interest to me. However, as you've seen, there's quite a bit that can be done to prevent people posting their silly 'magic bullet' links here.
Metal Lion latest SeaMonkey & Thunderbird Themes - Sea Monkey and Silver Sea Monkey
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)

Bob4K
 
Posts: 17
Joined: November 25th, 2016, 11:43 am

Post Posted September 8th, 2019, 6:45 am

Frank Lion wrote:
Bob4K wrote:What people use/don't use is of no interest to me. However, as you've seen, there's quite a bit that can be done to prevent people posting their silly 'magic bullet' links here.


Well, in this discussion, you're wrong in absolutely everything:

1) You're wrong when you say it's illegal to use the modified version because it does not follow the rules of ONE of the sites it has been posted. What counts it's what the author says, and he says in HIS home page that you can. Other sites may say the contrary, but that does not matter, only the owner has a say, and he says "do what you want with it, my ego is small enough that I don't need to be recognized for this useful contribution by added legalese".

2) You're wrong when you call it magic bulltet. Programming is science, not magic. You're acting like a teenager that's call things "stupid" when he's out of argument.

3) You're wrong when you say that a great deal can be done. You did nothing to suppress the information that there is a modified version on the Internet. Even if there is no link here, 5 minutes with Google and you have it.

The only thing that puzzles me is why you're acting this way? You sound like a relgious zelot trying to defend the modification of an holly script. That will stay forever a mystery for me, wanting to deprive people to legally use one of the most useful Firefox/Waterfox add-ons.

Discussion with a fanatic is impossible, logic cannot work. So, I'll stop here. Feel free to fatwa me if you want.

Frank Lion

User avatar
 
Posts: 20498
Joined: April 23rd, 2004, 6:59 pm
Location: ... The Exorcist....United Kingdom

Post Posted September 8th, 2019, 8:07 am

Bob4K wrote:3) You're wrong when you say that a great deal can be done. You did nothing to suppress the information that there is a modified version on the Internet.

Do you have special needs or something?

This modified extension has had links to it on the Net for around a year. But, you ain't posting links to them on mozillaZine.

How hard is that to understand?
Metal Lion latest SeaMonkey & Thunderbird Themes - Sea Monkey and Silver Sea Monkey
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)

Return to Extension/Theme Releases


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests