MozillaZine

[EXT] MySessions (session manager)

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
rebop

Post Posted November 11th, 2020, 7:38 am

Thanks. That solved the opening in the wrong order. However, every sessions starts with a "new tab", at least on those I import. No way to save the session without that leading new tab.

Ideas for that?

Thanks again.

~Bob

CromS

Post Posted November 11th, 2020, 8:37 am

This is a very old bug, consider it a feature.

rebop

Post Posted November 11th, 2020, 11:22 am

Hahahahaha. Ok.

Gotta tell ya, tough finding the "right" for me session manager for newer browsers. As a matter of fact, liokely 4 extensions I cannot live without that do not have equal contemporary versions.

That being said, MySessions is till closest...

~Bob

KIMWHO

Post Posted November 28th, 2020, 4:40 am

CromS wrote:
MerpDerp wrote:Hi, whats the difference between the "Enable Timeline" setting and the "Autosave every 5 mins" setting? Seems like they both do the same thing?

Cheers.

Yes. They do almost the same thing. But TimeLine saves sessions in local storage, and AutoSave saves it in bookmarks.

Congrats CromS for your extension, it's really great.

Can I use TimeLine only to saves my sessions in local storage instead of bookmarks folder?

CromS

Post Posted December 3rd, 2020, 7:11 am

As I already wrote in the TimeLine reviews, it is a very unreliable storage, in the event of a browser or system crash, you will lose everything. You can use it at your own risk.
But please make backups periodically.

KIMWHO

Post Posted December 11th, 2020, 10:23 pm

CromS wrote:it is a very unreliable storage, in the event of a browser or system crash, you will lose everything.

Thanks for your response.
I see. It's annoying that each time I'm looking for a specific bookmark it shows also bookmarks saved from MySessions. Is there a way to avoid that?

bickle2

Post Posted March 9th, 2021, 3:27 pm

EDIT: I can't delete this, so here's an update. The addon 'Default Bookmark Folder' was interfering. I disabled it and everything is back to normal.

Hi, I noticed that recently it is no longer saving the urls. I'm wondering if there might be a Firefox setting that could be interfering? For example, I just exported my session history and this is indicative of recent entries:

bartgrefte

Post Posted March 27th, 2021, 10:18 am

KIMWHO wrote:Thanks for your response.
I see. It's annoying that each time I'm looking for a specific bookmark it shows also bookmarks saved from MySessions. Is there a way to avoid that?

Somewhat related to ^: Is there anyway to exclude the MySessions-folders from the bookmark-indicator? I can't tell if page x is already added to the bookmarks by me or that the indicator is active because it's in a MySessions-folder...

Return to Extension/Theme Releases