MozillaZine

[Ext] Simple Locale Switcher

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
nohamelin

Post Posted September 6th, 2013, 4:02 pm

Simple Locale Switcher in: AMO | Github | BabelZilla

Compatibility: Firefox 10.0 and later, Thunderbird 10.0 and later, SeaMonkey 2.7 and later.
License: Mozilla Public License (MPL) 2.0

It exposes in a more friendly way the hidden preferences that controls the user interface language: general.useragent.locale and intl.locale.matchOS. It can be seen as an alternative to Locale Switcher and (partially) to Quick Locale Switcher.

Thread open to general discussion and user support.

nohamelin

Post Posted October 9th, 2015, 7:23 pm

Okay, let me try to give to this thread a bit of life...

* Release 0.8.7 was recently pushed to AMO. Getting full review should be fast. I expect I did not break anything with a recent internal change: getting rid of the recently deprecated FUEL library: If for anybody the 'Restart after switch language' switch doesn't work anymore, let me know about it.

* I have checked and it seems that the extension wasn't bitten by the recent 'let' and 'const' behaviour changes. I was a bit lucky here: though I use 'let' extensively in functions and block scopes, using it in the global context always feels a bit off to me, so I used 'var' in these cases :-" Anyway, more reports are welcomed.

nohamelin

Post Posted August 7th, 2017, 11:47 am

Between all the stuff being removed upstream in Firefox 57, nsLocaleService got the cut too and the add-on was broken. Hard. As the availability of a WebExtensions API for it is still an uncertain thing, I will try to keep the add-on working in Nightly/Aurora while it's possible: I will update it soon.

grahamperrin

Post Posted August 29th, 2017, 11:38 am

For reference:

FreeBSD bug 221916 – cease www/firefox-i18n dependency on old, incompatible xpi-quick-locale-switcher

> … Working alternatives that are multiprocess-compatible include:
>
> … Simple Locale Switcher …

Return to Extension/Theme Releases