MozillaZine

[Ext] Status-4-Evar 2017.03.19.12b

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Bluefang

Post Posted October 7th, 2010, 5:29 pm

Version 2010.10.07.16
* Keep the "legacy" status icons over on the far right of the Addon-Bar - TAKE 2 PART 2 (handle some corner cases)
* Add an option to show status messages in the location bar (like how hovered links are shown)

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/235283/

The 'show status in the location bar' is a bit of a hack, and is an abuse of the location bar... But it was requested, so why the hell not.
There have always been ghosts in the machine... random segments of code that have grouped together to form unexpected protocols. Unanticipated, these free radicals engender questions of free will, creativity, and even the nature of what we might call the soul...

makondo

Post Posted October 7th, 2010, 5:40 pm

Thanks for the update!

al_9x

Post Posted October 7th, 2010, 8:04 pm

myzar74

Post Posted October 8th, 2010, 2:42 am

Bluefang wrote:Version 2010.10.07.16
* Keep the "legacy" status icons over on the far right of the Addon-Bar - TAKE 2 PART 2 (handle some corner cases)
* Add an option to show status messages in the location bar (like how hovered links are shown)

The 'show status in the location bar' is a bit of a hack, and is an abuse of the location bar... But it was requested, so why the hell not.

Weird the option 'show status in the location bar' only worked the first time i've upgraded, now it's not working anymore, anyideas ?

the-edmeister

Post Posted October 8th, 2010, 3:24 am

myzar74,

Are you saying the URL shows in the Location bar even with that preference un-checked?

I am seeing that happen, but I don't know when it started.

Ed
A mind is a terrible thing to waste. Mine has wandered off and I'm out looking for it.

myzar74

Post Posted October 8th, 2010, 3:37 am

the-edmeister wrote:myzar74,

Are you saying the URL shows in the Location bar even with that preference un-checked?

I am seeing that happen, but I don't know when it started.

Ed

mmm no that works here, i'm referring to the new option added in the last version show status text in location bar, i mean connecting to blahh . It's not showing up in the URL bar only in the status one and toggling the option doesn't seem to fix it. It worked the first time i've upgraded, then i've restarted again and it's MIA

tmeader

Post Posted October 8th, 2010, 7:53 am

I jumped from the 10-03-2010 version to the 10-07-2010 version, so if there was one inbetween, didn't use that one. However, with the current release, when using NoScript (with the option to show Status Bar button enabled), highlighting or even clicking on the NoScript icon (which is ALWAYS placed in the far right corner of the status bar it looks like) doesn't open any NoScript menu, effectively making it unusable. ABP's status bar icon still appears to work, but something was broken with regards to NoScript in the 10-07 version of the extension. I can confirm that disabling Status-4-Evar fixes the issue. I've tried every possible combination of the Status-4-Evar options I could think of in order to fix this as well, to no avail. Disabling seems to be the only fix. Note, you can drag the toolbar icon for NoScript into the Add-On bar, and that works. However, the menu order of items is totally reversed vs the statusbar icon (since I'm guessing NoScript doesn't account yet for the pop-up menu "opening 'up'" due to being in the AddOn Bar at the bottom instead. Thanks.

Robba

Post Posted October 8th, 2010, 12:06 pm

Great update, thanks for adding the option to display in the URLbar =D>

But like some of the others, i'm having trouble getting it to show.
I've disabled all add-ons, and checked my userchrome for anything i might have left in there, but i still can't get it to show in the urlbar.
Unless you have any suggestions, i'll try a clean profile later on tonight.

Bluefang

Post Posted October 8th, 2010, 2:07 pm

Version 2010.10.08.16
* Fix typo in 'status in location bar' preference handling
* Keep the "legacy" status icons over on the far right of the Addon-Bar - TAKE 3 (see bug 602971 for potential caveat).

This should fix the problems with the status-in-urlbar. It was a non-error causing typo, so it broke it in a way I didn't notice.

This should also fix NoScript. For some reason, the icon gets messed up when I move the statusbar element using DOM. Not really sure why, but I've gone back to the original method of using CSS.

@the-edmeister

Sorry, this breaks ABP again. If you want it at the left side of the Add-on Bar, you can use this userChrome.css until bug 602971 is fixed.

Code: Select all
@namespace url("http://www.mozilla.org/keymaster/gatekeeper/there.is.only.xul");

#addon-bar > *
{
   -moz-box-ordinal-group: 2;
}

#abp-toolbarbutton
{
   -moz-box-ordinal-group: 1;
}

EDIT: or you can set extensions.adblockplus.defaulttoolbaraction to 1
There have always been ghosts in the machine... random segments of code that have grouped together to form unexpected protocols. Unanticipated, these free radicals engender questions of free will, creativity, and even the nature of what we might call the soul...

Protocol

Post Posted October 8th, 2010, 3:03 pm

The newest version is not there yet. How long does it normally take to become available?

Robba

Post Posted October 8th, 2010, 3:29 pm

I'm getting 'The add-on from addons.mozilla.org could not be installed, as it does not match the add-on Minefield expected' when trying to install the new version.

Anyone else having this problem?

Edit, i removed the old version, then i could install the new version.

Works great, awesome job, thanks :)

Protocol

Post Posted October 8th, 2010, 3:49 pm

Protocol wrote:The newest version is not there yet. How long does it normally take to become available?

It's there now.

Thank you... :)

Robba

Post Posted October 8th, 2010, 4:55 pm

https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=602964 Comment 5, someone should tell him hes been beaten to it ;)

makondo

Post Posted October 9th, 2010, 9:42 am

Don't have the newest, using the previous one (2010.10.07.16), don't know when this problem started but there's no Rclick menu for the Greasemonkey icon. Anyone else seeing this?

Bluefang

Post Posted October 9th, 2010, 11:37 am

tmeader wrote:However, with the current release, when using NoScript (with the option to show Status Bar button enabled), highlighting or even clicking on the NoScript icon (which is ALWAYS placed in the far right corner of the status bar it looks like) doesn't open any NoScript menu, effectively making it unusable.

Bluefang wrote:Version 2010.10.08.16

This should also fix NoScript. For some reason, the icon gets messed up when I move the statusbar element using DOM. Not really sure why, but I've gone back to the original method of using CSS.

Please follow the discussion and use the latest version before reporting problems. That has already been fixed.

Return to Extension/Theme Releases