MozillaZine

[Ext] Status-4-Evar 2017.03.19.12b

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Brummelchen

Post Posted November 14th, 2017, 10:27 am

wow, thank you sooo much for this conclusion - it makes all the threads about firefox 57 so futile. lets go back to v56 or 52esr and we are happy again. and lets bash mozilla all time for this nonsense. maybe they should be renamed into "goozillams" because firefox 57 is so similar in design to chrome and edge. you rule my world, word.

Sivabhaskar

Post Posted November 14th, 2017, 6:33 pm

BlohoJo wrote:It's not possible to make a version that will work in Firefox 57. There's no "make an update" this time around. Mozilla has crippled the customizability of the browser in an attempt to make it "faster, like Chrome." This has had the opposite of the intended effect... driving existing Firefox users to Chrome instead of making them happier with Firefox updates.

If you want to stick with Mozilla and use add-ons like Status-4-Evar, use Firefox 52 ESR, Firefox 54, or Waterfox. (Firefox 55 and 56 do have legacy plugin support but these versions do cripple some legacy add-ons, so it's not recommended to use these versions if complete legacy add-on support is important to you.)

I am feeling sad to let this add-on go. Hopefully Bluefang could add -- as you put it -- at least a "crippled" version of Status-4-Evar to Firefox 57.0, with at least the features I used (how greedy and selfish! :P :oops: ). I used to use Status Text, Progress Status/Meter (would fill green color in address bar as the pages load) and the legacy status bar.

However, great work Bluefang! =D> =D> =D> =D> Your Add-On soared while it lasted!!!!

Return to Extension/Theme Releases