MozillaZine

[Ext] Status-4-Evar 2017.03.19.12b

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Johan_et_Pirlouit

Post Posted September 5th, 2017, 4:19 pm

Jack Black wrote:@Grg68 and anyone interested: the following CSS code will fix missing icons in S4E preferences, provided you add it to Stylish or similar (or directly in S4E CSS if you're either running a Fx version with no signing requirement or sign the add-on afterwards).

Code: Select all
@-moz-document url(chrome://status4evar/content/prefs.xul) {
    radio[pane="status4evar-pane-addonbar"] {
        list-style-image: url("chrome://mozapps/skin/extensions/extensionGeneric.svg")!important
    }
    radio[pane="status4evar-pane-advanced"] {
        list-style-image: url("chrome://browser/skin/preferences/in-content/favicon.ico")!important;
        -moz-image-region: auto!important
    }
    radio[pane="status4evar-pane-status"] {
        list-style-image: url("chrome://global/skin/icons/info.svg")!important
    }
}

Hi Jack Black, thanx for this tip! For me it works like a charm using the Custom CSS section of Classic Theme Restorer :D ..

So, a little question: would you know how to do the same with the toolbar button provided by S4E? Because I use FF55 and S4E 2017.08.20.15 and the download arrow stays invisible into the button, only the overlay download bar is visible when any download is active :-k ...

Grg68

Post Posted September 10th, 2017, 6:28 pm

Hi all,

The code below is my small contribution in this beloved extension and to all those, like me,
who miss the icon of the download button of S4E and its functionality.

This code addresses this issue of missing icon, specifically in firefox 55 (maybe it works in 56 too)
and i have test it only in windows 7/10 and in linux mint.

You can apply it with Stylish, the "Custom css code" of "Classic Theme Restorer" or you can
put it in your "userChrome.css".
#status4evar-download-button:not([attention]) #status4evar-download-icon {
   list-style-image: url("chrome://browser/skin/download.svg") !important;
   -moz-image-region: auto !important;
}
toolbar[brighttext] #status4evar-download-button:not([attention])[cui-areatype="toolbar"] #status4evar-download-icon {
   fill: var(--toolbarbutton-icon-fill-inverted) !important;
}
#status4evar-download-button[cui-areatype="toolbar"][attention] #status4evar-download-icon {
   fill: var(--toolbarbutton-icon-fill-attention) !important;
}
@media (-moz-os-version: windows-xp), (-moz-os-version: windows-vista), (-moz-os-version: windows-win7), (-moz-os-version: windows-win8), (-moz-os-version: windows-win10) {
   #status4evar-download-button[cui-areatype="menu-panel"][attention] #status4evar-download-icon {
      list-style-image: url("chrome://browser/skin/downloads/download-glow-menuPanel-win7.png") !important;
   }
}

If you also like to see the labels of the button during downloads
(S4E Prefs > Download > "Show button text in icons-only mode" checkbox),
but you don't like to see always the "No Downloads" label when there are no such activity,
you can use the following code:
#status4evar-download-button[collapsed="true"] #status4evar-download-label {
   display: none !important;
}

This code affects the button, only when it is placed in toolbars. If you put it in menu panel,
it will show properly its label, like any other button in menu panel.

enjoy :D
Grg

Johan_et_Pirlouit

Post Posted September 20th, 2017, 1:53 pm

Jack Black wrote:@Grg68 and anyone interested: the following CSS code will fix missing icons in S4E preferences, provided you add it to Stylish or similar (or directly in S4E CSS if you're either running a Fx version with no signing requirement or sign the add-on afterwards).

@-moz-document url(chrome://status4evar/content/prefs.xul) {
    radio[pane="status4evar-pane-addonbar"] {
        list-style-image: url("chrome://mozapps/skin/extensions/extensionGeneric.svg")!important
    }
    radio[pane="status4evar-pane-advanced"] {
        list-style-image: url("chrome://browser/skin/preferences/in-content/favicon.ico")!important;
        -moz-image-region: auto!important
    }
    radio[pane="status4evar-pane-status"] {
        list-style-image: url("chrome://global/skin/icons/info.svg")!important
    }
}

Grg68 wrote:Hi all,

The code below is my small contribution in this beloved extension and to all those, like me,
who miss the icon of the download button of S4E and its functionality.

This code addresses this issue of missing icon, specifically in firefox 55 (maybe it works in 56 too)
and i have test it only in windows 7/10 and in linux mint.

You can apply it with Stylish, the "Custom css code" of "Classic Theme Restorer" or you can
put it in your "userChrome.css".
#status4evar-download-button:not([attention]) #status4evar-download-icon {
}
toolbar[brighttext] #status4evar-download-button:not([attention])[cui-areatype="toolbar"] #status4evar-download-icon {
   fill: var(--toolbarbutton-icon-fill-inverted) !important;
}
#status4evar-download-button[cui-areatype="toolbar"][attention] #status4evar-download-icon {
   fill: var(--toolbarbutton-icon-fill-attention) !important;
}
@media (-moz-os-version: windows-xp), (-moz-os-version: windows-vista), (-moz-os-version: windows-win7), (-moz-os-version: windows-win8), (-moz-os-version: windows-win10) {
   #status4evar-download-button[cui-areatype="menu-panel"][attention] #status4evar-download-icon {
      list-style-image: url("chrome://browser/skin/downloads/download-glow-menuPanel-win7.png") !important;
   }
}

If you also like to see the labels of the button during downloads
(S4E Prefs > Download > "Show button text in icons-only mode" checkbox),
but you don't like to see always the "No Downloads" label when there are no such activity,
you can use the following code:
#status4evar-download-button[collapsed="true"] #status4evar-download-label {
   display: none !important;
}

This code affects the button, only when it is placed in toolbars. If you put it in menu panel,
it will show properly its label, like any other button in menu panel.

enjoy :D

Hi Jack Black and Grg68,

Your codes work really nicely with my FF 55.0.3 64 bits (Win 7)!! I think you made S4E to rework exactly as it did with FF 54 and before, at least with FF 55..

Thank you guys :wink:

regards

Gingerbread Man

Post Posted September 30th, 2017, 3:32 am

Timvde wrote:Showing status text/links in location bar won't be possible

This is broken in Nightly 58.0a1 build 20170929220356 with Status-4-Evar 2017.08.20.15. With bug 1324688 wontfixed, is this gone forever? I've been using this Firefox 4 feature that Mozilla foolishly discarded for about 7 years now, so I'm more than a little miffed. What am I supposed to do? S4E's status bar still works, but I hate it just as I hate the status pop-up, so that doesn't help me much. Another possibility would be an add-on that displays the link target in a tooltip next to the cursor, legacy Opera style. But that was also obnoxious and I couldn't find such an add-on anyway. I'm sorely tempted to downgrade to ESR, but that would only delay the inevitable.

:evil:

avada

Post Posted September 30th, 2017, 6:35 am

Gingerbread Man wrote:I'm sorely tempted to downgrade to ESR, but that would only delay the inevitable.

Only if you're hell-bent on upgrading.
Gingerbread Man wrote:Another possibility would be an add-on that displays the link target in a tooltip next to the cursor,

You can also move the S4E to any bar you like (menu, location, tab, bookmark). I have it on the menubar for several years now.

Gingerbread Man

Post Posted October 3rd, 2017, 7:35 am

avada wrote:You can also move the S4E to any bar you like (menu, location, tab, bookmark). I have it on the menubar for several years now.

Thank you very much. Most S4E options are ignored (e.g. all status text will be displayed, regardless of settings), but I've managed to whip up a fair approximation:
  1. Right-click one of the navigation toolbar buttons on the right and choose Customize.
  2. Drag the "Status text" widget, normally on S4E's Status Bar at the bottom of the window, to the right of the location bar.
  3. Right-click one of the navigation toolbar buttons on the right and uncheck "Status bar".
  4. Place the mouse cursor between the location bar and the Status Text widget, until it changes into a horizontal double-headed arrow. Click and drag to the right, increasing the size of the location bar until the Status Text widget is no longer visible.
  5. Place the following at the bottom of the userChrome.css file. Save and close the file, then exit and restart Firefox.
    #status4evar-status-text {
      min-width: 350px !important;
    }

#status4evar-status-text[value=""],
    #status4evar-status-text[value="Done"],
    #status4evar-status-text[value^="Transferring"],
    #status4evar-status-text[value^="Waiting"],
    #status4evar-status-text[value^="Read"] {
      visibility: collapse !important;
    }

Gingerbread Man

Post Posted October 7th, 2017, 6:42 am

I've only now found out enabling legacy add-ons will be impossible in Release and Beta. I resorted to moving the status pop-up over the location bar with userChrome.css. It's a little rough for now, but this is what I have so far. The numbers have to be tweaked, since they only fit my exact Firefox appearance.
/*
Title: Link target in location bar
Author: Gingerbread Man | http://forums.mozillazine.org/memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=261941
*/
statuspanel { z-index: 9999 !important; right: 302px !important; }
#main-window[sizemode="fullscreen"] statuspanel { top: 26px !important; right: 3px !important; }
#main-window[sizemode="maximized"] statuspanel { top: 70px !important; }
#main-window[sizemode="normal"] statuspanel { top: 61px !important; }
#main-window:not([sizemode="fullscreen"]) .statuspanel-label {  border: none !important; }
/* Don't show "Connecting…" and other such messages */ statuspanel:not([type="overLink"]) { display: none !important; }

Return to Extension/Theme Releases