MozillaZine

[EXT] Forecastfox (fix version)

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
85rx-7se

Post Posted August 1st, 2021, 3:07 am

Not sure when they fixed it, but now Forecastfox is showing the proper dates for all the displayed days.
Must have been an issue at accuweather .. I am glad they got it corrected.

sundancer268

Post Posted August 14th, 2021, 6:43 am

Don't know what happened, but ForcastFox reverted to New York and will not allow me to change Locations. I have disabled NoScript, Privacy Badger and Ghostery with no effect. If I am stuck with New York, I will have to remove Forecast Fox again. it is a shame as I have always liked this extension.

85rx-7se

Post Posted August 14th, 2021, 7:43 am

Go back to Forecastfox 2.4.8 or earlier which will allow you to add cities. Any of the later versions will not due to some changes.
Once you have your cities you can then update to latest version. I would suggest after you get it right you backup the ForecastFox
folder and it's information for use in the future.

sundancer268

Post Posted August 14th, 2021, 9:01 am

Have a link where 2.4.8 can be found. I did verify Forecast Fox works properly in MS Edge new edition.

TheVisitor

Post Posted August 14th, 2021, 9:31 am

sundancer268 wrote:Have a link where 2.4.8 can be found. I did verify Forecast Fox works properly in MS Edge new edition.

I don't know of a 2.4.8, there is 2.4.6 listed as latest on AMO (addons.mozilla.org)

EDIT 2.4.6 here and I can change locations OK. I'm on the latest Nightly, (93)

druseljic

Post Posted September 23rd, 2021, 3:45 am

Hello, found this add on and I really like it except for one major problem. When I close firefox and open it again, the space where the icon is located is blank. If I try to load any page, it just loops endlessly not loading anything until I manually turn off this add on. So each time I load firefox, I must disable and then re-enable the add-on or no pages will load. Is there a fix for this? I've read some of the replies and don't see anyone else having this problem. I have tried disabling other addons but that did not change the problem.

Edit: A reinstall of Firefox fixed the issue. Something was wrong on my end, not in the extension. This is actually a very nice weather add on.

sundancer268

Post Posted October 15th, 2021, 3:55 pm

New Issue, Forecast Bar disappears unless I have the settings page active. Even if I have the tab available but suspended the Forecast bar will disappear. It is only available if I have the settings page active and not suspended. This happens no matter what corner I have set for the Forecast Bar. FireFox is at the latest update and the problem is still there. Windows 10 Home is up to date also. Any ideas?

85rx-7se

Post Posted 34 minutes ago

Forecastfox is showing the wrong dates for the current and future forecasts for both Apex, NC 27502
and also for Wayne, NJ 07470 .. It was fine a day or so ago ... Please get the programmers at Accuweather
to get this fixed ... Thank you

Return to Extension/Theme Releases