MozillaZine

Thunderbird Calendar Problem

For discussing the Mozilla Calendar, Sunbird and Lightning projects.
Imperial07

Post Posted May 31st, 2005, 11:23 am

I downloaded the calendar and it was working fine, but just recently any time I try to open it, I get this error:

followed by this error:

I already tried unistalling and reinstalling the calendar and that didnt work. Any ideas?

rekees_2

Post Posted May 31st, 2005, 11:41 am

I use Sunbird calendar (not integrated with TB). I get the "A script..." error all the time. I've posted the error here but nobody has a fix. Apparently the only work around is to use multple small calendar files instead of one large one? Not sure about the first error but my guess is that it's indirectly caused by the calendar script problem sucking up too much CPU time and then the TB connection attempt times-out?

Rod Whiteley

Post Posted May 31st, 2005, 1:48 pm

Calendar uses Thunderbird to connect to the SMTP server, so that first message is really coming from Thunderbird. I know you posted this in a Thunderbird forum first.

It's unfortunate that the second message does not tell us which script is in a loop. It might be a Calendar script or a Thunderbird script. Calendar is known to do this with large data files.

I guess an event is raising an alarm and trying to send mail as soon as Calendar starts. Perhaps changing the showmissed setting in your prefs.js will stop it, or perhaps you can identify the event and remove it from the data file manually, or remove the entire data file.
Rod

Olivier

Post Posted June 12th, 2005, 7:24 am

I think it's a Sunbird script that causes the problem.
I'm using a nightly versions (11th june) and when I add an event (birthday) and I set the start date with the birthday, I have an alarm (for the birth day, which is in the past so I think it's ridiculous to display alarm for past event!!!). I acknowlege the event and after, I have the message that a script can cause Sunbird unresponsive and ask if I will abort the script or not..
But sunbird is already unresponsibe so I can't choose yes or no !!

I try more than 3 times and I always had this problem...

rekees_2

Post Posted June 12th, 2005, 7:55 am

>>But sunbird is already unresponsibe so I can't choose yes or no !!<<
I get the Script warning for everything I try to do with Sunbird (even just start it up)! I click "Yes" then the Script warning box closes and whatever I was trying to do completes. It's a major annoyance. Don't know if I want to invest the time to figure out how to create smaller calendar files from my one large calendar file. I may just scrap Sunbird and find an alternative. Sorry, don't know why you can't choose Yes or No.

Return to Calendar