MozillaZine

Any advancements to Calendar yet?

For discussing the Mozilla Calendar, Sunbird and Lightning projects.
BuddhaMike

Post Posted May 26th, 2005, 10:29 am

One problem that's been noted with Calendar is that alerts won't open when the program is closed. Is there any way to have the program run in the background or out of the toolbar so that a Calendar window doesn't need to be held open, basically taking up space? Calendar is pretty much useless to me unless it can operate in conjunction with Mozilla Suite's email program. I need my alerts, and I'm trying my best to leave Outlook in the past. Please let me know if there's anything that I need to do to make Calendar work this way, or if there's an update on the horizon.

Thanks,

Mike

Rod Whiteley

Post Posted May 27th, 2005, 1:10 am

There are additional programs that put Calendar in the system tray, or that monitor alarms. See Additional programs in the help for some links.

To find the formal bug reports, so you can track the work being done on furutre versions, search Bugzilla.

Integration with Thunderbird is being handled as a separate project: Lightning.
Rod

BuddhaMike

Post Posted May 27th, 2005, 7:24 am

Yesterday I changed my Mozilla Suite settings to have it automatically open Calendar when I launch Mozilla. Now when I open Mozilla it tries to load both programs, then fails and closes. Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Thanks,
Mike

Rod Whiteley

Post Posted May 27th, 2005, 9:24 am

I looked in Mozilla Suite (1.7.6) , and found to my surprise that I too have it set to open Calendar. It ignores the setting. Only the browser window opens, but Calendar works if I open it manually.

I can make it open both the browser and Calendar by changing the command that launches it to:
Code: Select all
mozilla -calendar -browser
Perhaps this will work for you.
Rod

Return to Calendar