MozillaZine

[20050526] Unofficial Sunbird Trunk Builds - Win32 and Linux

For discussing the Mozilla Calendar, Sunbird and Lightning projects.
nightrat

Post Posted May 26th, 2005, 10:00 am

Today i did a new round of builds from the Sunbird trunk.

Changes since my last build (20050505)

One of this changes is the patch that Simon announced here.

Windows: http://downloads.mozdev.org/sbg/sunbird ... 050526.zip

Linux: http://downloads.mozdev.org/sbg/sunbird ... 526.tar.gz

Please remember that these builds are only unofficial test builds! Please backup your profile!

Greets

Thorsten Fritz

helix400

Post Posted May 26th, 2005, 11:50 am

Thanks for the builds!

Extension support is much better in this version. I was able to get our extension to install into it.

Unfortunately, it's a complex extension, having it's own internal .dll, and it's giving me some grief. Can I ask what you compiled these trunk builds with? MSVC6? gcc?

nightrat

Post Posted May 27th, 2005, 1:43 am

helix400 wrote:Can I ask what you compiled these trunk builds with? MSVC6? gcc?

I compiled it with the free Microsoft Visual C++ Toolkit 2003.

helix400 wrote:I was able to get our extension to install into it.

Which extension do you mean?

helix400

Post Posted May 27th, 2005, 10:01 am

Thanks for letting me know, if it was a gcc build, then we couldn't build our extension for sunbird.

We ended up getting the extension working, I suppose I'll be posting it here in the next few days once I can get an overlay problem figured out.

The extension in question is the MinimizeToTray extension. It essentially minimizes the application, and puts the Sunbird icon in the tray.

nightrat

Post Posted May 28th, 2005, 6:15 am

helix400 wrote:The extension in question is the MinimizeToTray extension. It essentially minimizes the application, and puts the Sunbird icon in the tray.

Great :-) I also tested that extension to het it working in Sunbird but without success. Great to hear that you make this work :-)

helix400

Post Posted May 29th, 2005, 3:09 am

I posted a build to mozdev. Hopefully by the time people read this, it will have filtered through all the mirrors. If the link doesn't work the first time, try again. Eventually you should find a mirror that has it.

The link is:

http://downloads.mozdev.org/minimizetot ... 052908.xpi

nightrat

Post Posted May 30th, 2005, 1:30 am

helix400 wrote:I posted a build to mozdev.

Great. I tested it and it works in my little Sunbird ;-) But this version don't runs in Nvu.

helix400

Post Posted May 30th, 2005, 1:35 am

No, Nvu runs on older code that isn't the same as the current trunk. So, we have to keep two versions of the extension going right now, a trunk version and an aviary version. If you check out the devel folders contents in the link above, you can get a pretty recent aviary build that will work with Nvu.

ton85

Post Posted May 30th, 2005, 8:02 am

where can I find the Sunbird nightlies? I've checled Mozilla's FTP but the latest file was from January or something...

EndersGame

Post Posted May 30th, 2005, 8:06 am

ton85 wrote:where can I find the Sunbird nightlies? I've checled Mozilla's FTP but the latest file was from January or something...

There are no Sunbird nightlies right now. The program has been undergoing a major re-write, making it too unstable for any sort of normal use. Search this forum though for a post from mostafah which says that nightly builds may begin again sometime soon.

ton85

Post Posted May 30th, 2005, 8:33 am

@ EndersGame

thanks for explaining :)

nightrat wrote:Today i did a new round of builds from the Sunbird trunk.

Changes since my last build (20050505)

One of this changes is the patch that Simon announced here.

Windows: http://downloads.mozdev.org/sbg/sunbird ... 050526.zip

how do I get that new release to work? I've copied all files to my sunbird folder, but after that sunbird wouldn't start anymore. When I deleted all files and just moved the download package to my Sunbird folder it all worked but all scheduled events were lost...my categories were still available though...

I don't have any extensions installed, but I've installed the Sunbird installer package in first place...

thanks

EndersGame

Post Posted May 30th, 2005, 8:44 am

ton85 wrote:how do I get that new release to work? I've copied all files to my sunbird folder, but after that sunbird wouldn't start anymore. When I deleted all files and just moved the download package to my Sunbird folder it all worked but all scheduled events were lost...my categories were still available though...

I don't have any extensions installed, but I've installed the Sunbird installer package in first place...

thanks

With regards to simply running the program, it worked for me by unzipping the contents of the file and then double-clicking on the 'Sunbird' shell script that appears in the unzipped folder. This let me keep both 0.2 and 0.2+ on the same computer, by unzipping to a separate folder.

With regards to your data, you need to read <a href="http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?t=212983">the post I mentioned in my previous comment.</a> In particular it says:
mostafah wrote:In terms of incompatibility the new nightlies will not automatically read and recognize your previous data so it will be up to you to import or re-enter them from scratch. Providing a migrator was not possible since it couldn't have been justified for a 0.2+ version application.

Additionally, the import ability isn't a part of the build nightrat released here (as far as I know). In other words, there's no easy way to bring that data into Sunbird 0.2+ yet (as far as I know).

Bushwack

Post Posted May 30th, 2005, 6:20 pm

Do you have to do something special to build sunbird right now?

I've tried the standard procedure:
Code: Select all
make -f mozilla/client.mk checkout MOZ_CO_FLAGS=-PA MOZ_CO_PROJECT=calendar
gmake -f client.mk build

with nothing but ". $topsrcdir/calendar/sunbird/config/mozconfig" in my .mozconfig once a day for nearly a week now and I always get the same result.
Everything seems to build fine but when I run ./dist/bin/sunbird it hangs (and cosumes all CPU power) after giving the output
Code: Select all
calItemModule: registering @mozilla.org/calendar/manager;1
calItemModule: registering @mozilla.org/calendar/alarm-service;1
registering for category stuff
calItemModule: registering @mozilla.org/calendar/event;1
calItemModule: registering @mozilla.org/calendar/todo;1
calItemModule: registering @mozilla.org/calendar/item-occurrence;1
calItemModule: registering @mozilla.org/calendar/attendee;1
calItemModule: registering @mozilla.org/calendar/attachment;1
Starting calendar alarm service
*** loading the extensions datasource
Starting calendar alarm service
error creating table cal_calendars -- probably already exists
error creating table cal_calendars_prefs -- probably already exists
*** Item Installed via directory addition to Install Location: app-profile Item ID: {972ce4c6-7e08-4474-a285-3208198ce6fd}, attempting to register...
*** Item Installed/Upgraded at Install Location: app-profile Item ID: {972ce4c6-7e08-4474-a285-3208198ce6fd}, attempting to register...
*** loading the extensions datasource
*** ... success, item is compatible

or something similar (always with the same last line), this is under linux with a clean profile.

Resently at work we started using sunbird 0.2 keeping everyone's calendars on a server and although the transition has been a bit buggy everything seems to be working smoothy (it's amazing the number of errors users with put up with if you just show them the work around and not the bugs). As such I was hoping I would be able to convince my manager to let me schedule some time to work on Sunbird, however if it's in a tender state right now I suppose I'll just have to wait.

jetpeach

Post Posted June 17th, 2005, 3:46 pm

Any more builds coming soon?

Return to Calendar