MozillaZine

task questions

For discussing the Mozilla Calendar, Sunbird and Lightning projects.
Rahabib

Post Posted May 16th, 2005, 3:30 pm

maybe I am blind or something but when I make a mistake on a task I cant edit that task I must delete it and then make a new one? Is that how that works?

Another question/suggestion. Is there a way to turn a task in to an event or vice versa? Basically, at the end of each day I like to make a few tasks to do the next day. When I come in the next day it would be nice to drag a task to a specific time to help plan the day more completely. As it is now I dont think its possible unless I am doing something wrong.
--
Rahabib

EndersGame

Post Posted May 16th, 2005, 3:37 pm

Rahabib wrote:maybe I am blind or something but when I make a mistake on a task I cant edit that task I must delete it and then make a new one? Is that how that works?

You should be able to double-click on a task and it will open the edit task window.

Rahabib wrote:Another question/suggestion. Is there a way to turn a task in to an event or vice versa? Basically, at the end of each day I like to make a few tasks to do the next day. When I come in the next day it would be nice to drag a task to a specific time to help plan the day more completely. As it is now I dont think its possible unless I am doing something wrong.

You cannot yet turn a task into an event. However, in some views, you can have the tasks displayed with the events in the calendar (See 'Tasks in View'), so this might help out some for what you're trying to do.

Rahabib

Post Posted May 18th, 2005, 12:33 pm

Thanks for the info. As far as seeing tasks mingled with events, that wont really work for me. Maybe in a future version I guess. it would be really handy and I think if people had that functionality it would be used quite a bit.
--
Rahabib

betty

Post Posted May 30th, 2005, 3:30 pm

I agree. Tasks/Events need to have far more functionality.

Return to Calendar