MozillaZine

Two Questions About Calendar in Thunderbird

For discussing the Mozilla Calendar, Sunbird and Lightning projects.
davidv00

Post Posted May 10th, 2005, 6:35 pm

Hello there,

2 Questions here:

1. Does Calendar in Thunderbird would launch reminder alert if only Thunderbird is running (Calendar window closed)? It is because of Thunderbird extension?

2. How do I set Calendar daily time format not using 24 HRS format? My country uses 12 HRS format (AM/PM). This is useful when creating event and appointments reminder alert.

Thanks

smsmith

Post Posted May 10th, 2005, 7:19 pm

gigsvoo wrote:1. Does Calendar in Thunderbird would launch reminder alert if only Thunderbird is running (Calendar window closed)? It is because of Thunderbird extension?

Calendar must be running in order to launch alerts. If calendar is not running, as soon as it does and an event is past due, you will get the alert box.

2. How do I set Calendar daily time format not using 24 HRS format? My country uses 12 HRS format (AM/PM). This is useful when creating event and appointments reminder alert.

You are talking about the drop down time selector when you create an event, right? I am not certain this is possible yet. I imagine when they get the timezone function working, they might be able to get 12-hour format straightened out. Although to me, it seems like a straightforward change to make. Then again, I don't program, I use programs... ;)

Rod Whiteley

Post Posted May 11th, 2005, 12:02 am

AM/PM has nothing to do with the time zone. Calendar uses the format set in your operating system. If you see the wrong format, change your operating system settings.

The drop-down time picker does not support AM/PM, as smsmith says. Like many enhancements it is simple to program, but getting an enhancement into a Mozilla project is not just a matter of programming. Few programmers are willing to do the extra work just to fix a time picker.
Rod

Return to Calendar