MozillaZine

Feature Request for Sunbird: Selectable Bright Popup Color

For discussing the Mozilla Calendar, Sunbird and Lightning projects.
Norman Stockdale

Post Posted March 30th, 2005, 4:59 pm

I would like to make the background color of Sunbird's popup reminders a bright color of my chosing. With a multi monitor set up, this feature would draw attention to a reminder even if it popped up on a different monitor than the one to which attention is being paid. A reminder program I have been using, Kirby Alarm, makes this posibble.

faun

Post Posted March 31st, 2005, 1:26 am

I think you can change the popup's color via userContent.css. You just have to figure out, which id/class the popup uses (the DOMInspector should help).
So generally, it's possible to change the color, but I agree that this should be a standard feature of upcoming versions.

You can file this feature request to Bugzilla, if you want (but check duplicates first).

Rod Whiteley

Post Posted March 31st, 2005, 1:31 am

The help has a section, Changing fonts and colors, that describes how to go about this.

Briefly, go to Sunbird's profile directory. In the chrome directory there, edit the file userChrome.css. (If it does not exist, create it as a plain text file.) Add a style rule to change the color—for example:
Code: Select all
.ca-event-alert-row {background-color: red;}
Rod

Norman Stockdale

Post Posted March 31st, 2005, 4:58 pm

Thank you faun and Rod Whiteley for your help. :) I implemented the brief instruction you provided, Rod, and it worked like a charm. I started with red as a background color and then switched to yellow, because it provides better contrast for black text.

Return to Calendar