MozillaZine

[2005-03-20] New Sunbird nightly for Windows

For discussing the Mozilla Calendar, Sunbird and Lightning projects.
Sipaq

Post Posted March 21st, 2005, 3:53 am

Hi guys,
yesterday I found the time to produce a new nightly build for Sunbird. It is available at <strong><a href="http://www.babylonsounds.com/sunbird/Sunbird_20050320_Nightly.zip">my server</a></strong>.

A noticeable new feature is the Calendar Wizard. See <strong><a href="http://www.babylonsounds.com/2005/03/new-and-shiny-calendar-wizard.html">my blog entry</a></strong> for more information.

Be aware that this is a current trunk nightly build, which is expected to be much more unstable than the 0.2 release build. I would advise anyone using this build to backup his profile data first. You have been warned...
Sunbird/Calendar project webmaster
Visit the Calendar developer blog

plucky

Post Posted March 21st, 2005, 8:15 am

Awesome. Glad to see the new nightly. I've been an avid Sunbird user since the 0.2 milestone entered the final stretch.

I'm having a bit of trouble using this new nightly, though. I am unable to import my old calendar data or create a new calendar. Also, the only command that works for me is "new task". Clean install, clean profile.

Any idea what's going on?

Thanks for all the hard work!

birdwatcher

Post Posted March 21st, 2005, 2:22 pm

Great, I am really excited about it! Thank you for letting us know what is going on there with Sunbird!

What I could see looked really interesting, unfortunately I have the same problems as plucky: Can not get a calendar file, creating one does not work, and most menu items do not do anything. Any ideas?

mvl

Post Posted March 21st, 2005, 4:53 pm

A lot of (backend) stuff is redesigned. Not everything works just jet. Consider this build a very, very early preview. Might give you an idea of things to come.

Sipaq

Post Posted March 22nd, 2005, 12:04 pm

As mvl already said, this build is pretty buggy and only a preview of things to come. The issues you describe are known regressions and will be fixed in time. This build is really only for people who like to test some bleeding edge software, file bugs about the issues they find (please search for duplicates first) or verify that some open bugs have been fixed in this build.
Sunbird/Calendar project webmaster
Visit the Calendar developer blog

Return to Calendar