MozillaZine

uninstall calendar / sunbird

For discussing the Mozilla Calendar, Sunbird and Lightning projects.
somercamb

Post Posted February 18th, 2005, 5:15 pm

how does one uninstall Moxilla calendar / sunbird? It was not in add/remove programs and found nothing in the Sunbird folder

smsmith

Post Posted February 18th, 2005, 11:42 pm

If you are using the extension, uninstall it the way you would any other extension.

Since it is not showing up in the Add/Remove programs, you probably got the .zip version. Deleting just the directory should suffice in removing it from the system. I am not sure where sunbird keeps its calendar files and preference info, so you may need to take a look around for it.

If you got the installer version, there should be some sort of uninstall script in the program directory. If you are that worried about it, download the installer version, install over your existing install and uninstall it from the Add/Remove programs.
Give a man a fish, and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish, and he eats for a lifetime.
I like poetry, long walks on the beach and poking dead things with a stick.
Please do not PM me for personal support. Keep posts here in the Forums instead and we all learn.

Rod Whiteley

Post Posted February 19th, 2005, 5:20 am

smsmith wrote:I am not sure where sunbird keeps its calendar files...
If you edit a calendar, you can easily see the location of its local file.

If necessary, create a new calendar without specifying any location. Then edit it and find Sunbird's defalut location.
Rod

Return to Calendar