MozillaZine

Password problems

For discussing the Mozilla Calendar, Sunbird and Lightning projects.
ktfc

Post Posted February 17th, 2005, 3:22 am

anyone else been having problems with the password manager?

here's my setup:

- webdav setup on apache server
- accessing three different calendar files on the server from sunbird 0.2
- two of the files have the same password, but the third has a different password

everytime i try to reload all three of the calendars the password manager keeps asking for the passwords that i have already inputted into the password manager in the first place.
i have noticed this only happens when i try to reload two files with different passwords, otherwise the password manager handles just the one password(which sort of defeats the purpose of a password manager).

pls help !!!
Last edited by ktfc on February 17th, 2005, 9:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Weslocke

Post Posted February 17th, 2005, 7:40 am

Are they in different directories?

I'm currently running three calendars with two different passwords as well, but I believe the passwords are stored/cached per _directory_ instead of per user/pass combination.

For example...

User1_Pub -> /pubcals/user1.ics (http://userpub:pass@somewhere.com)
User2_Pub -> /pubcals/user2.ics (http://userpub:pass@somewhere.com)
User1_Priv -> /user1/user1.ics (http://user1:pass@somewhere.com)

This works fine. You can toss as many files into /pubcals/ that you want actually (One user has 15)... but if you try to use more than _2_ directories it will prompt you for user/pass for EACH calendar.

Very annoying. Great calendar app, I'm just hoping for a quick fix for this one though. (Since being forced to put a bunch of files into a publicly accessible directory sort of defeats any possible security)

ktfc

Post Posted February 17th, 2005, 9:18 am

yes, they are in two different directories
i didn't put them in the same directory because, as you said, it defeats any security.

Weslocke

Post Posted February 17th, 2005, 11:14 am

Well if they're in two different directories, just use the same user/pass for the two calendars that are in the same directory (Like I did in my example).

If you do it the other way it will count as 3 different password/directory combinations and you'll have to manually login.

ktfc

Post Posted February 18th, 2005, 5:10 am

the two that are in the same directory have the same password, its just that the third one in the different directory screws everything up!!

Weslocke

Post Posted February 18th, 2005, 8:53 am

Same username as well on those two?

If so, I'm not sure why it's working for me and not for you then...

You may just have to kludge it and toss them all into one directory until they get the passwording issues fixed.

Return to Calendar