MozillaZine

Publishing on .Mac (dotmac) with Sunbird

For discussing the Mozilla Calendar, Sunbird and Lightning projects.
kpmd

Post Posted January 5th, 2005, 1:05 pm

How does one publish a calendar to their .Mac account? Anyone using .Mac to publish their calendars with Sunbird?

I can subscribe no problem using: http://ical.mac.com/username/file.ics but publishing to this url produces the error
Code: Select all
publishing the calendar file failed.
Status code: 0x8000fff

I thought I remembered previously publishing to a slightly different url using idisk.mac.com or something similar but have tried several different urls to no avail. I also think I remember having to use a username and password to do this but I no longer see this option in sunbird anywhere when you are creating/editing a calendar file for remote publishing.

Thanks to anyone who has anything to contribute to this.
kp

mvl

Post Posted January 5th, 2005, 2:49 pm

That error isn't actually an error. Check on the server if publishing really failed.

kpmd

Post Posted January 5th, 2005, 6:14 pm

The publishing did in fact fail. I saw that other people had reported this was not truly an error. But in this case it does fail. I will admit this is more likely a misconfiguring of the url for publishing to .Mac than any issue with Sunbird. But I am still hoping there's at least one person who has this working who can confirm for me what the correct url scenario is for publishing to .Mac

Thanks,
kp

akaSparky

Post Posted February 24th, 2005, 12:31 pm

Hi,

I too would like to know how to publish to .mac. It seems it would be possible but I am having the exact same trouble. Guessing I just am not using the right url address but can't figure it out and don't seem to find answers anywhere I look! I finally went over to axentra and am able to publish and subscribe fine. So if anyone has figured this out please share. Thanks

Return to Calendar