MozillaZine

Official Sunbird 0.2RC1 builds available

For discussing the Mozilla Calendar, Sunbird and Lightning projects.
faun

Post Posted December 23rd, 2004, 7:54 am

hmm. are there any plans on further RCs? how long will it take till sunbird 0.2 final is released?

J-Mac

Post Posted January 1st, 2005, 11:43 pm

Can this build be installed over the previous version? Also, does this version install to the correct location? Or do I have to make sure I extract it there?

Thanks!
J-Mac

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2.6) Gecko/20100625 Firefox/4.0.1

BravesFan

Post Posted January 2nd, 2005, 7:27 pm

I can't say for certain. I targeted my unzip just to be sure. Hope it helps

Sipaq

Post Posted January 3rd, 2005, 8:23 am

I'll try to answer a few questions all in one message:

mnitabach wrote:Event alarm pop-ups still do not appear in the foreground if Sunbird is not itself in the foreground. In my opinion, this is an important feature.

You're right, this is an important feature. There is work going to get this to work, but this will definitely not be in Sunbird 0.2

trashkid wrote:hmm. are there any plans on further RCs? how long will it take till sunbird 0.2 final is released?

There'll probably be a RC2, which will become Sunbird 0.2 if nothing major shows up in testing.

J-Mac wrote:Can this build be installed over the previous version? Also, does this version install to the correct location? Or do I have to make sure I extract it there?

Yes, you can install it over the previous version, but it is not recommended. It is recommended that you delete your Sunbird program folder first and then unpack the RC1 to the directory of your liking.
Sunbird/Calendar project webmaster
Visit the Calendar developer blog

J-Mac

Post Posted January 3rd, 2005, 8:34 am

Sipaq wrote:
J-Mac wrote:Can this build be installed over the previous version? Also, does this version install to the correct location? Or do I have to make sure I extract it there?

Yes, you can install it over the previous version, but it is not recommended. It is recommended that you delete your Sunbird program folder first and then unpack the RC1 to the directory of your liking.

But won't this cause all current calendar entries to be lost?

How can one save existing entries?
J-Mac

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2.6) Gecko/20100625 Firefox/4.0.1

Sipaq

Post Posted January 3rd, 2005, 10:53 am

J-Mac wrote:
Sipaq wrote:Yes, you can install it over the previous version, but it is not recommended. It is recommended that you delete your Sunbird program folder first and then unpack the RC1 to the directory of your liking.

But won't this cause all current calendar entries to be lost?

No, because your current calendar is situated in your profile directory, not in your program directory.
Sunbird/Calendar project webmaster
Visit the Calendar developer blog

J-Mac

Post Posted January 3rd, 2005, 1:14 pm

Cool!

Thanks Sipaq!
J-Mac

Return to Calendar