MozillaZine

Export Bookmarks to CyberFox

Discussion of third-party/unofficial Firefox/Thunderbird/SeaMonkey builds.
fd10801

Post Posted January 30th, 2018, 7:39 am

I have created a Bookmarks HTML file from my FireFox Bookmarks, but I can't get it into CyberFox. Can that be done?
If so, how?
Thanks,
Frank D.

LIMPET235

Post Posted January 30th, 2018, 7:56 am

Hi,
The following is from their FAQ page...
> https://8pecxstudios.com/Forums/viewtop ... arks#p8958

Step: 6 Import your bookmarks:
Navigate to ether app-menu bookmarks show all bookmarks | menu-bar bookmarks show all bookmarks or press ctrl + shift + B
This will bring up the Library, now click the import and backup drop-down menu and select the menu item called "import bookmarks from html"
Then navigate to the location you saved the exported file too.

Have you tried this?

Same as Firefox.
Ancient Amateur Astronomer
Win-7-HP/IntelĀ® DualCore-2.0GHz/500G HDD/4 Gig Ram/550Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-20.0-57.0/T-bird-2.0.0.24/SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.11.0.
RadioYachting. (Always choose the "Custom" Install.)

fd10801

Post Posted January 30th, 2018, 10:29 am

Yes, and it doesn't place the bookmarks on the Bookmark Toolbar. It merely imports the HTML Doc

smsmith

Post Posted January 30th, 2018, 8:35 pm

Correct. You then need to move them from the imported folder to wherever you want them to be. It's not a "replace" function, it's an import function.
Give a man a fish, and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish, and he eats for a lifetime.
I like poetry, long walks on the beach and poking dead things with a stick.
Please do not PM me for personal support. Keep posts here in the Forums instead and we all learn.

fd10801

Post Posted January 30th, 2018, 9:23 pm

What I need to know is where to place it, so that it produces Bookmarks in folders somewhere in Bookmarks, so I can move it to the Bookmarks Toolbar. As it stands now, all I can move is the ICON, which results in Bookmarks.html showing up on the toolbar.

smsmith

Post Posted January 30th, 2018, 10:07 pm

I installed Cyberfox and opened the library. I then used Import and Backup... from the Library toolbar, choosing the Import Bookmarks from HTML...

I selected a bookmarks.html file I created from Firefox and the bookmarks were imported into the Bookmarks Menu in Cyberfox. I found the Bookmarks Toolbar folder in the Bookmarks Menu, selected all of them and was able to drag them into the Cyberfox Bookmarks Toolbar folder.
Give a man a fish, and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish, and he eats for a lifetime.
I like poetry, long walks on the beach and poking dead things with a stick.
Please do not PM me for personal support. Keep posts here in the Forums instead and we all learn.

fd10801

Post Posted January 31st, 2018, 4:12 am

So you used the HTML file like a Site Map. I can do that for small batches, but I over 15 THOUSAND Bookmarks!
But thanks for the idea ... I'll move some daily stuff right away.

Return to Third Party/Unofficial Builds