MozillaZine

People Here Get Offended By PaleMoon

Discussion of third-party/unofficial Firefox/Thunderbird/SeaMonkey builds.
Tora Bisu

Post Posted July 8th, 2014, 3:45 pm

LoudNoise wrote:As noted about three thousand times around here, Palemoon is nothing more then Firefox with some accessibility, child protection and reporting items removed and compiled for 64 bit processors. They simply don't have the number of people necessary to maintain this for very long and certainly don't have the number of folks needed to maintain a true fork.

If pale moon is using Firefox code (Note: Mozilla Firefox is open source.) why do you hate it so much here? I use both FFv30 and pale moon. Pale moon like you said is nothing more than Firefox. And pale moon was Actually meant to speed up Firefox browsing by removing useless features. (such as tab groups for me). It also removes most of the UI Firefox has taken away. Don't get me wrong i love Firefox, but pale moon is a better browser if you want speed, while Firefox is a better browser for developers. My favorite browser is Firefox, but i think you guys are being rough on pale moon, its ff24 Redone. I'm also a Firefox volunteer/contributor and we get things about pale moon all the time, we help them too. And also you can report just for a fact. And on pale moon its both 32-bit and 64-bit. And pale moon had more users then Firefox in its first year. As pale moon may not be licensed underneath Mozilla Corporation, Its a better browser for a person who wants speed and removed features. Also my favorite part of pale moon which they took out of ff is the quick tabs.

NOTE: This was originally a post in a thread talking about ff ui changes. One of the mods moved it here. THIS IS NOT MY THREAD, THIS IS POST THAT WAS TURNED INTO A TOPIC BY A MOD
Last edited by Tora Bisu on July 8th, 2014, 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I have tons of interest in software :) I plan to start creating software soon :D | Firefox 30.0 / Palemoon 24.0/ Css Coder / Coding Stylishes
I have moved to Mozilla Support. if you need to contact me, contact me there.

LoudNoise

Post Posted July 8th, 2014, 4:03 pm

Other then outsized claims its users make for it I don't care about PaleMoon at all. I do care about is that people like you and the rest of the folks who use Palemoon try to make every support thread,<b> like the one I split this off of which is about ESR and was FIREFOX Support</b>, being made into a god damn cheer-leading thread for PaleMoon. If you folks could learn to behave around here I would be fine.
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."

Tora Bisu

Post Posted July 8th, 2014, 4:08 pm

LoudNoise wrote:Other then outsized claims its users make for it I don't care about PaleMoon at all. I would I do care about is that people like you and the rest of the folks who use Palemoon, try to every support thread,<b> like the one I split this off of which is about ESR and was FIREFOX Support</b>, being made into a good damn cheer-leading thread for PaleMoon. If you folks could learn to behave around here I would be fine.

Looks likes you removed to post and then made it look like i posted a topic :lol:

Wait? are you using pale moon because you thing below your post says your using "Firefox 24" :lol:
I have tons of interest in software :) I plan to start creating software soon :D | Firefox 30.0 / Palemoon 24.0/ Css Coder / Coding Stylishes

Tora Bisu

Post Posted July 8th, 2014, 4:22 pm

LoudNoise wrote:Other then outsized claims its users make for it I don't care about PaleMoon at all. I would I do care about is that people like you and the rest of the folks who use Palemoon, try to every support thread,<b> like the one I split this off of which is about ESR and was FIREFOX Support</b>, being made into a good damn cheer-leading thread for PaleMoon. If you folks could learn to behave around here I would be fine.

Also, you cant say you hate, dislike, despise it if you've never even gave it a chance. Thats like saying Firefox sucks even know you never tried it. It doesn't make since.

megamanx

Post Posted July 8th, 2014, 4:29 pm

The last time I tried Firefox, and it was NIghtly 31, I was trying to customize it only to see if I can make it how I want. Firefox button movement aside, I couldn't pull-out the Reload/Stop button. Since I use Tab Mix Plus, I have this down-arrow showing next to the "Display Opened Tabs List." I can't move the down-arrow.
Of course, that's my situation, and it is minor at best, but many users would have something of more importance with "customizations" being a problem.

LoudNoise

Post Posted July 8th, 2014, 4:39 pm

Edited my post.

I don't care a bit about Palemoon. What I care about it that it's users want to turn every support topic about 29 and above into a rant about how much better Palemoon is then Firefox. Like you, they don't seem to care that cheer leading is both off topic and unhelpful.

As noted about 100 times, even the programer says on this site's first page that there isn't proof to his speed claim and the only thing he removes one item, the rest is still there but simply hidden by compile switches. Even if it is faster, there are a number of other builds that do the same thing.

We get offend by it's users, we don't care about it.
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."

Tora Bisu

Post Posted July 8th, 2014, 4:43 pm

LoudNoise wrote:Edited my post.

I don't care a bit about Palemoon. What I care about it that it's users want to turn every support topic about 29 and above into a rant about how much better Palemoon is then Firefox. Like you, they don't seem to care that cheer leading is both off topic and unhelpful.

As noted about 100 times, even the programer says on this site's first page that there isn't proof to his speed claim and the only thing he removes one item, the rest is still there but simply hidden by compile switches. Even if it is faster, there are a number of other builds that do the same thing.

We get offend by it's users, we don't care about it.

Not every user is like that. If you didn't see my post, i support both browsers. I can see how those users can be annoying, but that's why you lock the topic & delete it. I think pale moon & ff are 50/50. They both have their pluses, and negatives.

LoudNoise

Post Posted July 8th, 2014, 4:49 pm

You also posted off topic to a thread that had nothing to do with this little jewel. However, I will gladly lock this one at your request.
Post wrangler

Return to Third Party/Unofficial Builds