MozillaZine

Thunderbird version is not upgrading after build from source

Discussion of third-party/unofficial Firefox/Thunderbird/SeaMonkey builds.
afreen bano

Post Posted February 18th, 2014, 12:44 am

Hello All,

I have build Thunderbird version 17.0.5 from source code but after successful build if I am upgrading version it is not upgrading.

For upgrading Thunderbird version 17.0.5 to higher version. what should i need to do? ( I am stuck here)

My ".mozconfig " file :

# Thunderbird

# Options passed to client.mk, usually controlling cvs checkout and update:

mk_add_options MOZ_OBJDIR=@TOPSRCDIR@/tbird-mysources1

mk_add_options MOZ_CO_PROJECT=mail

# Options for the command line of ./configure:

ac_add_options --enable-application=mail

ac_add_options --enable-debug

************************************************************************************************

I also add these below option in the .mozconfig file but still Thunderbird version 17 is not upgrading:
ac_add_options --enable-updater
ac_add_options --enable-optimize
************************************************************************************************
Please help..

Regards,
Afreen Bano

afreen bano

Post Posted February 18th, 2014, 11:53 pm

Hello All,

Please any body suggest me what i need to do for setup own update server.

Regards,
Afreen Bano

rsx11m

Post Posted February 20th, 2014, 2:29 pm

For the issue in your opening post, what is the update channel in defaults/pref/channel-prefs.js? That file doesn't come with the sources but is generated on the fly in accordance with the configured channel. If it says "default" then you won't receive any updates at all; it should be "release" for official 17.0.x builds.

The preference app.update.url provides the target server for updates, which by default points to https://aus3.mozilla.org/update/3/%PRODUCT%/%VERSION%/%BUILD_ID%/%BUILD_TARGET%/%LOCALE%/%CHANNEL%/%OS_VERSION%/%DISTRIBUTION%/%DISTRIBUTION_VERSION%/update.xml for the official releases.

Documentation for setting up your own update server is provided at https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Mozilla/Setting_up_an_update_server, and then you'll have to change app.update.url in mail/app/profile/all-thunderbird.js for the build that you want to distribute or add it to some custom preferences file to include.

rsx11m

Post Posted February 20th, 2014, 3:30 pm

afreen bano wrote:I also add these below option in the .mozconfig file but still Thunderbird version 17 is not upgrading:
ac_add_options --enable-updater
ac_add_options --enable-optimize

You should need at least something like --enable-update-channel=release as well, and I also see --enable-release and --enable-update-packaging in the official releases.

afreen bano

Post Posted March 5th, 2014, 12:14 am

Hello,

Thanks rsx11m, i have configured update server successfully.

thanks for your reply

Regards,
Afreen Bano

rsx11m

Post Posted March 6th, 2014, 9:45 am

You are welcome.

Return to Third Party/Unofficial Builds