MozillaZine

2.49.4 keeps crashing

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
marico
 
Posts: 40
Joined: July 5th, 2007, 4:24 pm

Post Posted September 24th, 2018, 5:39 pm

Several times a day SM crashes...help Windows 7

-Px-

User avatar
 
Posts: 421
Joined: April 20th, 2011, 1:56 am

Post Posted September 25th, 2018, 1:16 am

Any IDs from about:crashes?

ElTxolo

User avatar
 
Posts: 2365
Joined: July 30th, 2007, 9:35 am
Location: Localhost

Post Posted September 25th, 2018, 6:36 am

marico wrote:Several times a day SM crashes...

How to Ask Questions The Smart Way - How to Report Bugs Effectively ;)
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20180711 SeaMonkey/2.49.4
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:54.0) Gecko/20170619 SeaMonkey/2.51

rdtom
 
Posts: 10
Joined: February 26th, 2016, 3:48 pm

Post Posted September 25th, 2018, 1:09 pm

Check to see if your antivirus is causing your crashes. If SeaMonkey is crashing and your not getting any crash reports, it is probably your antivirus. Check to see if you have any SeaMonkey files in quarantine.
I had a problem with BitDefender causing crashes. A problem between plugin container and flash. So I changed to Avira.

marico
 
Posts: 40
Joined: July 5th, 2007, 4:24 pm

Post Posted September 25th, 2018, 4:00 pm

You solved the google search problem for me .... sent me to SM preferences...advanced...HTTP Networking uncheck FireFox advertising allowed.
Amazing...
marico

marico
 
Posts: 40
Joined: July 5th, 2007, 4:24 pm

Post Posted October 1st, 2018, 6:59 am

Followed the instructions for crashes. Cleaned out cache, cookies, history and haven't had a crash in 4 days!! Thanks ELTxolo... Now trying to get videos that are not available on this browser fixed. No problems with utube...just these other vids.

marico

ElTxolo

User avatar
 
Posts: 2365
Joined: July 30th, 2007, 9:35 am
Location: Localhost

Post Posted October 1st, 2018, 7:15 am

marico wrote:Followed the instructions for crashes. Cleaned out cache, cookies, history and haven't had a crash in 4 days!! Thanks ELTxolo...

    You're welcome!! ;)
marico wrote:... Now trying to get videos that are not available on this browser fixed. No problems with utube...just these other vids.

    What are those other sites with video viewing problems? Image










    Cheers!! Image
How to Ask Questions The Smart Way - How to Report Bugs Effectively ;)
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20180711 SeaMonkey/2.49.4
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:54.0) Gecko/20170619 SeaMonkey/2.51

marico
 
Posts: 40
Joined: July 5th, 2007, 4:24 pm

Post Posted October 1st, 2018, 12:02 pm

Here's something I get sometimes...
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/patr ... ng-injury/
Will send the not avail one as soon as I get another. Don't remember what sites they were.
Thanks.

ElTxolo

User avatar
 
Posts: 2365
Joined: July 30th, 2007, 9:35 am
Location: Localhost

Post Posted October 1st, 2018, 1:45 pm

marico wrote:Here's something I get sometimes...
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/patr ... ng-injury/
Will send the not avail one as soon as I get another. Don't remember what sites they were.
Thanks.

    :-k Using SeaMonkey 2.49.5 (WG9's unofficial build) in VoidLinux.

    If I deactivate uBlock (with uBlock activated it's impossible to watch), I have no problem to see the video you comment

    However, that page is a real crap.

    Image

    marico wrote:Thanks.

    You're welcome! ;)







    Cheers!! Image
How to Ask Questions The Smart Way - How to Report Bugs Effectively ;)
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20180711 SeaMonkey/2.49.4
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:54.0) Gecko/20170619 SeaMonkey/2.51

marico
 
Posts: 40
Joined: July 5th, 2007, 4:24 pm

Post Posted October 1st, 2018, 2:13 pm

My AdBlock Plus wasn't working and I had tons of problems. It would not download for SM. So I finally was able to download an old one and it works fine. I won't deactivate it for vids unless they are something I really want to see. Thanks for letting me know what was causing the problem. I had no clue... that's awesome.

ElTxolo

User avatar
 
Posts: 2365
Joined: July 30th, 2007, 9:35 am
Location: Localhost

Post Posted October 2nd, 2018, 3:10 am

marico wrote:My AdBlock Plus wasn't working and I had tons of problems. It would not download for SM. So I finally was able to download an old one and it works fine. I won't deactivate it for vids unless they are something I really want to see.

    :-k In the beginning, AdBlock Plus was an excellent extension, and it worked perfectly. But following the purchase of AdBlock Plus, by Eyeo GmbH
    (in 2011) they started using that "acceptable ads" crap (=> The list is maintained by Eyeo GmbH).

    But today, is much better uBlock Origin. :P

    So, I recommend you to use uBlock Origin (Open source, fast & simple, minimalist in use of RAM and CPU, with lots of filters to be able to use, etc).

    If you decide to install uBlock, you will need, the SeaMonkey compatible version:

  • firefox-legacy-1.16.4.4.
marico wrote: Thanks for letting me know what was causing the problem. I had no clue... that's awesome.

    You're welcome!! Image








    Cheers!! 8-)
How to Ask Questions The Smart Way - How to Report Bugs Effectively ;)
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20180711 SeaMonkey/2.49.4
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:54.0) Gecko/20170619 SeaMonkey/2.51

marico
 
Posts: 40
Joined: July 5th, 2007, 4:24 pm

Post Posted October 2nd, 2018, 7:46 am

I added this in Firefox but don't know how to get it into SM. Downloaded it to a folder and there it sits. Not a techie or developer so github confuses me.

ElTxolo

User avatar
 
Posts: 2365
Joined: July 30th, 2007, 9:35 am
Location: Localhost

Post Posted October 2nd, 2018, 12:56 pm

marico wrote:I added this in Firefox but don't know how to get it into SM. Downloaded it to a folder and there it sits. Not a techie or developer so github confuses me.

    :-k To install the extension is very easy. Do the following:

  • On the Menu Bar, File -> Open File, (or use the Control + O keys) and choose the file uBlock0.firefox-legacy.xpi
  • Or drag & drop, the .xpi file (uBlock0.firefox-legacy.xpi ), to the Ad-0ns Manager window.








    Cheers!! Image
How to Ask Questions The Smart Way - How to Report Bugs Effectively ;)
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20180711 SeaMonkey/2.49.4
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:54.0) Gecko/20170619 SeaMonkey/2.51

marico
 
Posts: 40
Joined: July 5th, 2007, 4:24 pm

Post Posted October 2nd, 2018, 1:56 pm

Got it! You are right...it should have been easy. Thanks for your patience with me.
God bless!!

ElTxolo

User avatar
 
Posts: 2365
Joined: July 30th, 2007, 9:35 am
Location: Localhost

Post Posted October 2nd, 2018, 1:58 pm

marico wrote:Got it! You are right...it should have been easy. Thanks for your patience with me.
God bless!!

    Glad to Help !!! ... marico Image







    Cheers!! Image
How to Ask Questions The Smart Way - How to Report Bugs Effectively ;)
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:52.0) Gecko/20180711 SeaMonkey/2.49.4
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:54.0) Gecko/20170619 SeaMonkey/2.51

Return to SeaMonkey Support


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests