MozillaZine


Seamonkey 2.53.9.does not show any pages

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
TPR75
 
Posts: 1111
Joined: July 25th, 2011, 8:11 am
Location: Poland

Post Posted October 15th, 2021, 4:59 am

Yazoo01 wrote: And this is what the page looks like when I load it with Seamonkey.
https://ibb.co/vB08NmN
And that happens, not with many, but with some sites.


Look at right top corner of SeaMonkey window. There is icon of uBlock Origin with information about blocking of some 7 things (URLs maybe).

Tune uBO to fit your requirements or just disable it for this website:
click LMB on uBO icon -> press big blue "power button"

frg
 
Posts: 1149
Joined: December 15th, 2015, 1:20 pm

Post Posted October 15th, 2021, 5:19 am

They completely forked up the page with the latest update. Using a very recent ES2020 feature: Optional Chaining Operator.
https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1566143

It is on my to do list but no eta. Just using Chredge for now with it.

FRG

Yazoo01
 
Posts: 26
Joined: July 12th, 2019, 7:51 am

Post Posted October 15th, 2021, 9:25 am

TPR75 wrote:
Look at right top corner of SeaMonkey window. There is icon of uBlock Origin with information about blocking of some 7 things (URLs maybe).

Tune uBO to fit your requirements or just disable it for this website:
click LMB on uBO icon -> press big blue "power button"


That is not the problem because:
1. it still worked until a few days ago, despite the active uBlok.
2. I can switch off uBlock on this page, but nothing changes despite reloading the page.

frg wrote:They completely forked up the page with the latest update. Using a very recent ES2020 feature: Optional Chaining Operator.
https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1566143

It is on my to do list but no eta. Just using Chredge for now with it.

FRG


But that's where the problem lies with Seamonkey, if I've understood you correctly now. Whenever a website operator changes something on the site, Seamonkey (in contrast to other browsers) can no longer cope with it. And the problem is not new and annoying, if that is so.

therube

User avatar
 
Posts: 20896
Joined: March 10th, 2004, 9:59 pm
Location: Maryland USA

Post Posted October 18th, 2021, 10:34 am

Whenever a website operator changes something on the site, Seamonkey [very possible in addition (... to other browsers)] can no longer cope with it.

That is possible. In which case you may need to use something else for particular websites.
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript

Yazoo01
 
Posts: 26
Joined: July 12th, 2019, 7:51 am

Post Posted October 19th, 2021, 2:26 am

Yes, you're right, but then it's certainly better to delete Seamonkey altogether and use a different browser (e.g. Firefox), which I've already done, but that can't and shouldn't really be the alternative. Unfortunately, I find it sad.

v_v
 
Posts: 37
Joined: September 18th, 2021, 8:57 am

Post Posted October 19th, 2021, 7:33 am

Yahoo01,

I do not have a definitive answer to your problem, however when I go to " http://www.dhl.de/de/privatkunden.html " using my current version of SeaMonkey 2.53.9.1 I do not have a problem with the page; it shows up just like it does it does in Firefox and in other browsers---and yes I am using uBlock Origin too, and also Privacy Badger.

So try this experiment: it seems that you already know how to get to "about:config"; so once you get there scroll down or search until you get to the previously suggested "general.useragent.override" area. If you have anything listed there for "general.useragent.override" then right click on it, click "modify", delete your present string value, and replace it with "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64; rv:60.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/60.0", then click okay. [You might want to save the previous string value in case you wish to revert back to it.]

In addition if you have any other items for "general.useragent.override" with special pages designated at the end, such as "general.useragent.override.google.com", right click on those entries and then click reset. This will delete the string value and the next time the you close and re-open SeaMonkey that listing will no longer be there. [Again, you might want to save the previous string value(s) in case you wish to revert back to it/them.]

The result of these operations will leave you with only one entry for "general.useragent.override", the one that I suggested above that works on my computer for the web page that you have referred us to. Previously I was doing overrides for specific web pages but I have found that this particular string value works for all of the pages where I have had problems before, so I have managed to get by without any page-specific overrides so far.

As indicated save all of your previous values just in case you wish to revert back to them.

v_v

Return to SeaMonkey Support


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest