MozillaZine

ICS Attachments missing?

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
zandervix

Post Posted October 14th, 2021, 7:20 am

*Update: I no longer get ICS attachments or meeting info in the body of the email in version 91.2.0. I reverted back to 78.14.0 to temporarily fix the issue, but would like to find a fix for this in the new version.

*Original Post:
So... this is weird. I have two identical machines running identical versions of Thunderbird (with the same email & addresses on both). After the last update, machine #1 acts exactly the same as before.

Machine #2 no longer has ICS Attachments, nor does it show the meeting info in the nice little box as before (with all the meeting info). All I get is the meeting link with no times or other details. I have been comparing the two machines for over an hour, and can see no difference anywhere. No other changes (Thunderbird or otherwise) has occurred since the update. Any ideas?

*Edit: Turns out I was mistaken, but not how I thought. Machine #1 never actually updated. It was still on version 78.14.0. I seem to be having this issue with the new version 91.2.0. Checked a 3rd machine, and had the same issue with 91. As a [temporary] fix, I re-installed 78 on any machine running 91, and it fixed my issue. I would still like to fix this and update at some point.
Last edited by zandervix on October 14th, 2021, 10:41 am, edited 2 times in total.

sfhowes

Post Posted October 14th, 2021, 10:12 am

Test for a broken layout by running in safe mode (hold Shift when launching TB).

zandervix

Post Posted October 14th, 2021, 10:38 am

I added an edit above, but put it here if missed:

*Edit: Turns out I was mistaken, but not how I thought. Machine #1 never actually updated. It was still on version 78.14.0. I seem to be having this issue with the new version 91.2.0. Checked a 3rd machine, and had the same issue with 91. As a [temporary] fix, I re-installed 78 on any machine running 91, and it fixed my issue. I would still like to fix this and update at some point.

Return to Thunderbird Support