MozillaZine

new email > text format > accept RTF from ATNSOFT key manage

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
krolwioski

Post Posted January 15th, 2021, 5:38 am

Hi,
I'm using app from ATNSOFT called KEY MANAGER to create templates as I send a lot of the same emails.
This app allow me to create base of my email and to use it to PASTE my previously prepared text into new email window.
I can predefine my template, so text is bold, coloured etc.
When I use it with word it works perfectly, but when I use it with Thunderbird, everything I paste is still plain, without any bold or coloured text.

Any idea how to make those two work together?

DanRaisch

Post Posted January 15th, 2021, 6:56 am

Do you have Thunderbird set to compose messages in HTML format? Check that under menu path Tools->Account Settings->Composition & Addressing?

krolwioski

Post Posted January 15th, 2021, 7:25 am

DanRaisch wrote:Do you have Thunderbird set to compose messages in HTML format? Check that under menu path Tools->Account Settings->Composition & Addressing?

Yes, I do have it selected.
account settings > my email > composition and Addressing > composition > compose messages in HTML format > tick box marked

DanRaisch

Post Posted January 15th, 2021, 7:37 am

Where are you viewing the text pasted from KEY MANAGER, in the Thunderbird composition window or in a sent email in which you copied your own email address?

krolwioski

Post Posted January 15th, 2021, 7:42 am

DanRaisch wrote:Where are you viewing the text pasted from KEY MANAGER, in the Thunderbird composition window or in a sent email in which you copied your own email address?

In Thunderbird I press replay button, or write (new email), then new window pop out.
In that new window I use key manager option to paste text, but it is all plain text.
It must be Thunderbird's 'issue', because when I do exactly the same thing at oepn office writer or microsoft word, pasted text does have bold fragments, coloured fragments and other things that I have set up.

morat

Post Posted January 15th, 2021, 9:11 am

Office applications, like WordPad, usually prefer Rich Text Format for transfers over the clipboard, whereas Mozilla applications prefer HTML Format. RTF is not supported.

Try copy & paste into LibreOffice, then copy & paste into Thunderbird. That works for me when writing in WordPad.

LibreOffice
http://www.libreoffice.org/

Similar thread: viewtopic.php?f=39&t=2863073

Return to Thunderbird Support