MozillaZine

Need help with the Find/Search function

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
Nisko555

Post Posted November 24th, 2020, 12:13 pm

In my Adress Book, I have the full names of all my contacts - and, obviously their email addresses. If I'm searching for emails from/to a particular contact, can I just enter either their first or last name as I've recorded it - or do I have to search for them by their email address (or part of it)?

DanRaisch

Post Posted November 24th, 2020, 4:40 pm

If I'm searching for emails from/to a particular contact, can I just enter either their first or last name as I've recorded it -

Yes, you can.

Nisko555

Post Posted November 24th, 2020, 5:29 pm

To be more specific, I should have asked if I can use a string that includes the contact's actual name. I tried that yesterday and it didn't work. If you tell me it should work, then I'll search for the reason why it didn't work. Thank you.

DanRaisch wrote:
If I'm searching for emails from/to a particular contact, can I just enter either their first or last name as I've recorded it -

Yes, you can.

DanRaisch

Post Posted November 25th, 2020, 4:30 am

I don't believe you can use regex in that search field but if the contacts name is John Smith you should be able to find it by entering John, or Smith, or John Smith. You could also find it by using the email domain name.

Return to Thunderbird Support