MozillaZine

What happened to 'Sender' column..?

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
Origdogfish

Post Posted October 29th, 2020, 4:53 pm

I'm not sure if it was labeled 'Sender', but it displayed the actual email of the sender... not whatever bogus thing they put in "Name". It was a great way to spot junk. It seems to have disappeared with the latest "Up?-grade".

tanstaafl

Post Posted October 29th, 2020, 7:12 pm

Both Version 78.4 and 60.9.1 have From, Recipients and Correspondents columns. They may have changed the default column choices recently and you ran into this due to creating a new profile for 68 or 78.

You can change the columns by right clicking on the square little widget at the far right of the column headers (just above the vertical scroll bar). It sounds like you want to use a From column.

Origdogfish

Post Posted October 30th, 2020, 8:01 am

'Sender' (if that was the correct column heading) was not a default but was available as a selection from the menu. 'From' I believe is a default and it displays what ever bogus info the sender chooses to display... FBI, Amazon, Firefox etc. 'Sender' displayed the actual email of the sender.

I guess I will roll back to a previous version... any ideas as to the last version with this feature..?

Thanks
-Jim

tsor

Post Posted October 30th, 2020, 10:46 am

Origdogfish

Post Posted October 30th, 2020, 4:28 pm

Thank you tsor..!

That works just fine.

I guess that I've had it for so long that I didn't remember installing it... I thought it was part of Thunderbird. It should be. It has saved me from opening junk that masqueraded as something else.

Now I just need Quickfolders and I'll be happy with this version.

Thanks again
-Jim

Edit: I forget how to mark this thread as 'Solved'.

tsor

Post Posted November 1st, 2020, 10:42 am

You are welcome.

On your follow up question on Quickfolders.

If you scroll down at the Full Adress Column add-on site https://addons.thunderbird.net/en-US/th ... src=search at the end is 'Part of these collections' click on 'Mein Büro' which is the German translation for My Office.
There is something called 'Quick Folder Move' that may need your demands.

Return to Thunderbird Support