MozillaZine

E-Mails Undeliverable

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
gscummins

Post Posted January 14th, 2013, 6:20 pm

Sometimes when I send e-mails I get an e-mail back saying that the e-mail was undeliverable or that it failed to send. Then I send it again and it goes through like it should since I get a reply from the person I am e-mailing. Sometimes I have to do this 3 times to get the e-mail going to where I need it to go.

I own a small business and this is becoming a HUGE problem, and I was seeking help. I do not know if its thunderbird? Or my e-mail provider? I got my own e-mail domain from this website http://www.securepaynet.net/?isc=wscfws ... id=481875.. could it be them? Or the settings I have put down on thunderbird? I wouldn't think it'd be that or none of my e-mails would of sent successfully nor I would receive them.

I really like Thunderbird and I would like to stay with it, I would like to fix it before I try switching. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

DanRaisch

Post Posted January 15th, 2013, 6:09 am

If the same message goes through on a second (or later) attempt, the settings in Thunderbird are correct. In addition, such messages identifying the message as undeliverable come from the server and not from Thunderbird itself. Without the specific text of the error message, however, it's not possible to identify a specific cause. It could be something as simple as excessive traffic on the outbound server.

DanRaisch

Post Posted January 17th, 2013, 6:38 am

Diagnostic-Code: smtp;554-5.6.0 Corrupt message content
554 5.6.0 STOREDRV.Deliver.Exception:ConversionFailedException.MimeException; Failed to process message due to a permanent exception with message The message content has become corrupted. MimeException: MIME content error: Wrong magic number in Apple MIME attachment.

Something in the transfer of the message (and, apparently, the material attached) caused it to become corrupted. The server was therefore unable to process the message for transfer/delivery. As I said above, it the message goes through on the 2nd or 3rd try, the settings in Thunderbird are correct. It could be a server problem, or conflict between Thunderbird and security software on your computer.

gscummins

Post Posted January 24th, 2013, 6:47 pm

Could it be my signature I use in Thunderbird? Or could it be the files I attach? They're usually PDF files, since I send quotes/estimates to customers. What would cause any attachments to become corrupt? I think I will try to delete the signature since it is an image and try just writing it out, and see if the e-mails fail to send a lot less. What would you do?

Thank you for your time and help.

DanRaisch

Post Posted January 25th, 2013, 7:09 am

You can try sending without the signature attached or with just a plain text format signature to see if that is an issue in this case.

dburnham

Post Posted April 16th, 2014, 6:28 am

I see the same problem,several times daily. I always overcome it by creating a new message but I have not determined whether it is the signature or the attachment that causes it. It is hard to de-bug because it is unpredictable when it may occur

LIMPET235

Post Posted April 16th, 2014, 6:38 am

Why reply to a thread that died on 26th Jan 2013?

If you have a problem, start a new thread. Thanks.

Locking.
Ancient Amateur Astronomer
Win-7-HP/IntelĀ® DualCore-2.0GHz/500G HDD/4 Gig Ram/550Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-20.0-30.0-36.0.1-38/T-bird-2.0.0.24/SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.5.0.
RadioYachting. Conficker Test.

Return to Thunderbird Support