MozillaZine

Google Groups: Recipients receive blank emails from me

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
John Russell

Post Posted January 10th, 2010, 4:24 am

I use Thunderbird 2.0.0.23

When I send messages to Google Groups I always use the 'send in plain text and HTML' option.
If I send an email by replying to someone else's email, as far as I'm aware, all recipients can read it.
If I send a new email that I create, some recipients see it all as they should, while some just receive the subject line and no message.
This started happening about ten days ago -- after I'd had no problems for 2 years. If someone replies saying 'john, your message was blank' and then I reply to them pasting in my original message, they can then see it -- which suggests that it's nothing to do with the content of my message.
I suspect that those that can receive HTML are all seeing it.

Can someone please help? I'm manager of one Google Group so it's quite a problem for me. I'm not particularly expert on computers.

DanRaisch

Post Posted January 10th, 2010, 6:01 am

Moving to Thunderbird Support as no specific bug has been identified here.
Vista Home Premium 64 - FX 37.0.1 & TB 31.6.0 Win 8.1 - FX 37.0.1 and TB 31.6.0

John Russell

Post Posted January 10th, 2010, 7:47 am

Sorry to be dumb; but does your message "Moving to Thunderbird Support..." mean I have to look somewhere else?

Incidentally, I've just received the following from someone in my group. It might help.

Susan Braddock wrote:
> Interestingly, I'm using Thunderbird and I'm not some of getting John's emails at all at the moment! The last time I got one was 5/01/2010 11:12.
>
> Let's see if mine gets through!
>
> Susan

DanRaisch

Post Posted January 10th, 2010, 12:07 pm

No, John. You don't have to look anywhere else. If you reference at the top or bottom (left side) of this page you'll see the forum location indicator that reads "Board Index < Mozilla Thunderbird < Thunderbird Support". That tells you which forum you are now viewing and confirms that your post has been moved to a location where it is most likely to be seen by those who can help you.
Vista Home Premium 64 - FX 37.0.1 & TB 31.6.0 Win 8.1 - FX 37.0.1 and TB 31.6.0

Return to Thunderbird Support