MozillaZine


How DO i Revert Back to Previous TB Version?

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
zlaer
 
Posts: 394
Joined: June 29th, 2018, 11:11 am

Post Posted October 15th, 2021, 4:41 pm

How do I revert back to my previous tb version? The newest version 91 messed up the look of my tb.
Last edited by DanRaisch on October 15th, 2021, 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Minor edit for language.

DanRaisch
Moderator

User avatar
 
Posts: 125435
Joined: September 23rd, 2004, 8:57 pm
Location: Somewhere on the right coast

Post Posted October 15th, 2021, 6:05 pm

It might be helpful if you told us what version you have now and what you updated from.

zlaer
 
Posts: 394
Joined: June 29th, 2018, 11:11 am

Post Posted October 16th, 2021, 12:53 am

DanRaisch wrote:It might be helpful if you told us what version you have now and what you updated from.


I have the most up to date which is 91.2.0 and I had the version just before it.

Gone Postal
 
Posts: 148
Joined: December 2nd, 2008, 1:00 pm

Post Posted October 16th, 2021, 1:34 am

zlaer wrote:
DanRaisch wrote:It might be helpful if you told us what version you have now and what you updated from.


I have the most up to date which is 91.2.0 and I had the version just before it.


There have been 2 routes to get to v91. Was your previous version v91.x or v78.x?

zlaer
 
Posts: 394
Joined: June 29th, 2018, 11:11 am

Post Posted October 16th, 2021, 7:46 pm

Gone Postal wrote:
zlaer wrote:
DanRaisch wrote:It might be helpful if you told us what version you have now and what you updated from.


I have the most up to date which is 91.2.0 and I had the version just before it.


There have been 2 routes to get to v91. Was your previous version v91.x or v78.x?


IMHO I really dont know. Is there a way to find out?

tanstaafl
Moderator

User avatar
 
Posts: 48163
Joined: July 30th, 2003, 5:06 pm

Post Posted October 16th, 2021, 9:24 pm

See http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/s ... =1&vwsrc=0 (cached version of go back to an older version KB article) Most of it is explaining the layout of the http://download-origin.cdn.mozilla.net/ ... /releases/ web site so that you can find the setup program you want.

You'll need to export your address books as .csv or .ldif files if you want to use a version earlier than 78. That's when they switched from *.mab files to a sqlite file for address books.

"The newest version 91 messed up the look of my tb."

What's wrong with it? It might be something that's customizable.

zlaer
 
Posts: 394
Joined: June 29th, 2018, 11:11 am

Post Posted October 17th, 2021, 2:28 am

tanstaafl wrote:
What's wrong with it? It might be something that's customizable.


The latest version cant get my CSS to respond. Thats the problem.

But how do i know which version I had last before upgrading to the newest version?

WaltS48

User avatar
 
Posts: 4990
Joined: May 7th, 2010, 9:38 am
Location: Pennsylvania, USA

Post Posted October 17th, 2021, 6:58 am

Check Help > More Troubleshooting Information > Show Update History.
Linux Desktop - AMD Athlon(tm) II X3 455 3.3GHz | 8.0GB RAM | GeForce GT 630
Windows Notebook - AMD A8 7410 2.2GHz | 6.0GB RAM | AMD Radeon R5

tanstaafl
Moderator

User avatar
 
Posts: 48163
Joined: July 30th, 2003, 5:06 pm

Post Posted October 17th, 2021, 10:33 am

Check that toolkit.legacyUserProfileCustomizations.stylesheets is true. I think that requirement was added with version 68. You might also try removing the @namespace url(http://www.mozilla.org/keymaster/gateke ... s.only.xul); line in userChrome.css.

https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1606013

Also see viewtopic.php?p=14866214 (morat's thread about how to explore the DOM). Its possible the name of some of the windows changed.

zlaer
 
Posts: 394
Joined: June 29th, 2018, 11:11 am

Post Posted October 17th, 2021, 1:03 pm

WaltS48 wrote:Check Help > More Troubleshooting Information > Show Update History.


So the last version was 78.14.. appreciate that

zlaer
 
Posts: 394
Joined: June 29th, 2018, 11:11 am

Post Posted October 17th, 2021, 1:56 pm

tanstaafl wrote:Check that toolkit.legacyUserProfileCustomizations.stylesheets is true. I think that requirement was added with version 68. You might also try removing the @namespace url(http://www.mozilla.org/keymaster/gateke ... s.only.xul); line in userChrome.css.


That customization has always been true in the settings. Why would it suddenly change? My last version before updating to 91 was 78.14.

I dont think removing the "@namepace...." line will work since I only have 2 minor codes with that address in my userChrome.css and theyre not responsible for the greater issues.

Also see viewtopic.php?p=14866214 (morat's thread about how to explore the DOM). Its possible the name of some of the windows changed.


This is most likely it. But the problem is when I use the dev toolbox TB goes blank. Very strange. So I dont know what to do now.

Return to Thunderbird Support


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot] and 7 guests