MozillaZine

New Computer Profile Question (Solved)

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
DanRaisch

Post Posted May 2nd, 2020, 3:01 pm

Yes, since it worked for Firefox it is likely to work for Thunderbird. And, again, you have the original profile on the old system if you have to try something over again.

John Liebson

Post Posted May 2nd, 2020, 3:46 pm

DanRaisch wrote:Yes, since it worked for Firefox it is likely to work for Thunderbird. And, again, you have the original profile on the old system if you have to try something over again.

I doubt seriously that you would appreciate my telling you that now I have some work to do tomorrow due to your valuable help, namely moving the old computer off of the computer desk and making room for the new 27" monitor in place of the 24", disconnecting/reconnecting, and so forth, and so on and on....

Instead of that, I will say thank you very much, your assistance is greatly appreciated.

A few oddities:

1. I had copied the Fx .ini file onto a USB key, got ready to copy it into the proper place on the new computer, only to find that both the profiles.ini and install ini were already there. They were not there at least a day or two ago. Not only that, but the same applies to the Tb install on the new machine.

2. The Fx url bar on the new computer seemed to be missing nearly all of the eighteen icons were missing, but putting the cursor on the bar found that in a way they were there, but as grey boxes. A start in Safe Mode, followed by a restart brought the icons back to the visible state.

3. I use Classic Start Menu in lieu of the Windows start menu; Fx was there, but Tb was missing; Having started Tc, it is not in the Programs list in Classic Start.

THANK YOU!

DanRaisch

Post Posted May 2nd, 2020, 4:16 pm

You're welcome. Glad to hear things are working for you.

Return to Firefox Support