MozillaZine

YouTube Comments!

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
CelticWarrior_123

Post Posted April 2nd, 2020, 6:28 pm

Hello All,

A few days ago I was watching a YouTube vid and decided to leave a comment, my comment didn't show up but I didn't think much of it, Just a short 2 line comment. Then I watched another video and wrote a much longer comment on a topic I thought was very interesting and it didn't show up either, and was a tad annoyed. So I tested a few other pages I am subscribed to, there are a few and the same thing, my comments didn't appear.

So I then logged in and out of my account - same thing, no comments appeared.

Then I tried using the very old Internet Explorer logged into my YouTube account made a comment on a vid and lo and behold it appeared.

So what gives why did Firefox give up the ghost and stop working (and still continues to not work), whereas IE does? And what can I do about it? I tried going into FireFox in "Safe Mode" so that's not the problem!

Any help is greatly appreciated!

malliz
Folder@Home

Post Posted April 2nd, 2020, 7:18 pm

Using any add blockers?
What sort of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.
"Terry Pratchett"

CelticWarrior_123

Post Posted April 2nd, 2020, 7:22 pm

Yes, I do use an older Ad blocker - very old - Adblock Plus, but, isn't the ad blocker left inactive when the browser is in Safe Mode? It certainly says that it's inactive! So how could that be the problem?

malliz
Folder@Home

Post Posted April 2nd, 2020, 11:56 pm

Yes sorry misread your post. Usual suspects are allowing cookies and making sure you are signed in.
What sort of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.
"Terry Pratchett"

lem3

Post Posted April 4th, 2020, 1:06 pm

Does YouTube work better if you access it with
https://www.youtube.com/?disable_polymer=1
Last edited by lem3 on April 5th, 2020, 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dickvl

Post Posted April 4th, 2020, 3:13 pm

The Firefox 56 version you run according to the user agent is quite old and YouTube may no longer support this outdated Firefox version.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; Win64; x64; rv:56.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/56.0

Does this work properly with the current Firefox release ?

Return to Firefox Support