MozillaZine

Problem with playing streaming video

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
JerGid

Post Posted January 30th, 2020, 3:49 pm

I downloaded and installed Google Chrome and it works perfectly just as Microsoft Edge does. No problems whatsoever with playing videos. I have uninstalled and installed Firefox several times. I have made a new profile and tried it, but still video will not play. It seems to me that the problem with Firefox must be within Firefox and not in my system.

DanRaisch

Post Posted January 30th, 2020, 4:02 pm

I understand why you would interpret things that way but you must recognize that those of us here, using Firefox 72 on Win 10 systems, are NOT seeing the problem you are experiencing. When we can't replicate your results it makes it difficult to accept that it MUST be Firefox rather than some system or configuration specific issue.

therube

Post Posted January 30th, 2020, 6:03 pm

Are you using "Window 10 N" (N doesn't come with "media player" [& presumably related "stuff"].)

But that wouldn't be it, cause you do see video - at times.

So, what on your end is thwarting things ...?
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript

TheVisitor

Post Posted January 30th, 2020, 6:24 pm

JerGid wrote:I downloaded and installed Google Chrome and it works perfectly just as Microsoft Edge does. No problems whatsoever with playing videos. I have uninstalled and installed Firefox several times. I have made a new profile and tried it, but still video will not play. It seems to me that the problem with Firefox must be within Firefox and not in my system.

What anti-virus software are you using and Firewall ?

Have you tried starting your system in (not firefox) win 10 in safe mode with 'Networking' try for a brief test as this will disable your anti-virus and firewall for a short test.

Return to Firefox Support