MozillaZine

What file contains uBlockOrigin options

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
Celena

Post Posted September 23rd, 2019, 7:24 pm

I am unable to post to their reddit support account, so I ask this question here.

Refreshed Firefox yesterday and forgot to back up my ublockOriginal data. I am want to move the file into the new profile if possible.
Last edited by DanRaisch on September 23rd, 2019, 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: SUbject edited to reflect purpose of thread.

kerft

Post Posted September 23rd, 2019, 8:02 pm

If the ublock origin settings you want are in a functional profile, click the ublock shield icon, then the 3 balls icon for settings, the 4th in the row of 4 under the big power button. In there, you should start on the settings page I think and there is "back up to file" and restore buttons at the bottom of the settings page. Those will create a file of settings you can restore to another profile.

costark

Post Posted September 27th, 2019, 12:09 pm

I see that Settings Tab, My Filters, My Rules, and White List have Bkup or Export links which I Presume Import would restore as needed.

It's in the - Filter Lists Tab - toward bottom -- MultiPurpose 1/4 -- that clarification would be great (ie) Only Peter Lowe's List is Chk'd --- and MVP HOSTS, hpHOSTS, and Dan Pollocks HOSTS show "Out-of-Date" WHEN you chk them and hover over the orange triangle.
ARE these usable/Desirable at all as is --- OR desirable after doing What?
Seems odd that they're there but imply Don't Use when chk'd.
Firefox 70.0.1 - Win 10-1903 - uBO - Mbam Ext - Cookie AutoDelete - CSS Exfil - Privacy Badger - Decentraleyes - Disconnect - HTTPS Everywhere - Yet Another Smooth Scrolling - Startpage Search - # Letters in Mozilla is 6 (unique letters), NOT Actual 7 -

Brummelchen

Post Posted September 28th, 2019, 12:07 am

Refreshed Firefox yesterday

if you dont have deleted the folder on your desktop with the backup of refreshed profile you can restore its content and export uBo settings and start over.
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/re ... d-settings

Return to Firefox Support