MozillaZine

Some images not displaying

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
m610

Post Posted May 21st, 2019, 9:12 pm

I building a web site and recently ran into a problem where several images are not displaying. The show up in IE and Chrome, and in an older version of Firefox on my XP machine, but not on my Win7 machine, when the pages are hosted on a server. When they are on my local machine everything displays correctly.

The url is http://www.kstreetstudio.com/VBA/

The images that do not show are the Facebook and Twitter logos in the footer.

Also, the Twitter logo does not display on a related page - http://www.kstreetstudio.com/VBA/HomePage

I've cleared my history and cache. I also rebuilt those images in case there was something wrong with them.

Any ideas?

Thanks, Mike

Edit: if I replace the Facebook logo with the Instagram logo the image shows.

Brummelchen

Post Posted May 22nd, 2019, 1:12 am

Check your web/ad filters
users using outdated and vulnerable software probably never will get an answer from me - sticked with the past? stay alone.

therube

Post Posted May 22nd, 2019, 6:01 am

Cache issue? (You say no.)
Private Browsing (or other blocking going on)?
Try in a new, clean Profile.

---

In your "logo", I find the word, vintage, I find "gets lost", hard to read, fwiw.
(Matter of fact, at first I thought it was going to be a website showcasing vintage bank [buildings - of which some "grand" buildings still exist around here - instead of having been torn down, long ago] ;-).)
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript

skuddle

Post Posted May 22nd, 2019, 6:48 am

I just visited your website. Photo on the Home page and on another page are visible, prolly 'cause they are embedded in the HTML (WDIK), but photos were NOT visible on the Photos page. The error message is:

"Error: This photo album is empty."

BuddhaNature

Post Posted May 22nd, 2019, 7:01 am

Don't know if this will be any help, but: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=3049046

m610

Post Posted May 22nd, 2019, 7:30 am

Thanks all.

The site is under development. Not all photo sections are done.

The issue is the missing icon images in the footer. Two show up. Two do not.

dfoulkes

Post Posted May 22nd, 2019, 7:45 am

I'm on ESR and everything show up as it should. I tried it in one of my profiles where I have minimal addons that filter stuff....I'll try it in my portable (latest Firefox) and report back with findings.

As therube posted, try a clean test profile (no changes to it) or, safe-mode...

Creating a new Firefox profile on Windows - MozillaZine Knowledge Base
And,.... DON'T TOUCH THAT "Choose Folder..." BUTTON! ... unless you fully know all about it.

Try running Firefox in safe-mode... NOTE: This is a testing procedure only ... NOT for normal browsing.
-- On the menu bar, click the Help menu and select Restart with Add-ons Disabled....
Firefox will start up with the Firefox Safe Mode dialog. Click continue in Safe Mode and don't check any items.

Note: You can also start Firefox in Safe Mode by holding down the shift key while Single/Double clicking on the icon.
* (option key while starting Firefox on Mac).

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
>What safe-mode does ..... Safe Mode temporarily affects the following:
* All extensions are disabled. --- * The userChrome.css and userContent.css files are ignored.
* The default theme is used, without a persona. --- * The default toolbar layout is used.
* The Just-in-time (JIT) JavaScript compiler is disabled. --- * Hardware acceleration is disabled.

-- Safe Mode has no effect on the following --
* The status of plugins is not affected.
* Custom preferences are not affected.

This is the link to the main KB article for Safe-Mode ... but, use the above info 1st...
Safe Mode - MozillaZine Knowledge Base
As you can see she's (The CAT) always alert and on the prowl for Meoware !!

dfoulkes

Post Posted May 22nd, 2019, 8:20 am

As you stated... you are building the web site and so, when I updated my portable version of Firefox and tested the two links that you post above .... they acted acted a little dif. from my test in ESR.

In visiting the first link with latest Firefox all site icons are there but when I click on Photos it opens a new tab with no pics and a 'Start slide show' ... clicking on it does not provide pics.

With the second link I also get all site icons and when I click on the your web site icon and it opens in a new tab 'and' then click on photos ,... I get Get in Touch where in my ESR I get your photos.

That's all I have.
As you can see she's (The CAT) always alert and on the prowl for Meoware !!

dickvl

Post Posted May 22nd, 2019, 2:46 pm

Try to reload and bypass the cache (Ctrl+F5 or Ctrl+Shift+R or click Shift+Reload) to refresh possibly outdated or corrupted files or use "Forget About This Site".

m610

Post Posted May 22nd, 2019, 9:04 pm

The Photos page and others are not complete. If you want to see photos click the painting or jewelry icons. I've got some filler photos in there.

I've tired the various reload, to no avail. There should be four icons/links in the top of the footer, but there are only two. Check the source code. It's really simple, and the image files are where they are expected to be.

I'll try a new profile.

Mike

m610

Post Posted May 22nd, 2019, 9:13 pm

I switched users and loaded both pages and they both display correctly.

So what's wrong with my profile that only these three images do not display? All are on the same server, some in the same folder.

MarkRH

Post Posted May 23rd, 2019, 10:37 pm

Seems like your profile is blocking /VBA/HomePage/images/Twitter_Logo.png , /VBA/images/logos/facebook-16.png and /VBA/images/logos/twitter-16.png on these pages. Almost sounds like you have some ad/tracking/social media blocker enabled that's preventing the images to load. It's probably triggering off the "facebook" and "twitter" in the filenames.

The one Facebook image that does load for you is using a filename of /VBA/HomePage/images/flogo.png

As a theory, you could try renaming the images so they don't have "facebook" or "twitter" in the filenames.

Wiggam72

Post Posted May 24th, 2019, 1:35 am

I think I tried everything on your site. There are a few things that aren't working. After clicking on the following page and then click on Photos:

http://www.kstreetstudio.com/VBA/story.html

there are two problems. When I click on the third icon from the left which is Jewelry, Start Slide Show does nothing, nor does clicking on the arrows to advance to another photo. When I click on the dragon looking icon (third icon from the right), it gives an error message that reads: Error- This photo album is empty. A piece of advice for these icons. You should add mouse-over headings for the icons. In other words, when the mouse is hovered over the icon, it should say what the link is going to. So for example, if someone hovers over the first icon, it should say: Scenes form in and Around the Store.

I THINK YOU MADE A TYPO. I think it should read: Scenes from in and Around the Store. Not form.

From the linked page I have in this post, if I click on Featured, the vintage record player icon (5th from the left) and dragon looking icon (6th from the left) doesn't show an image.

On the Contacts page, as I suggested earlier for another page, you should have mouse-over headings for the icons.

m610

Post Posted May 24th, 2019, 9:48 am

Much thanks for the input.

Again, the photo gallery pages are just now being filled in. Some will be empty, other contain just filler.

I did rename the logo image files. The Facebook-16.png file was originally flogo-16.png

I think something else might be going on. I just added photos (up from yesterday's 10 to 15) to the Photos/Store album and corrected a typo (dduring), but the changes do not load. Locally, when I double-click the file's icon on my computer, they do, but from the server they do not. I tried CTRL-R, restarting FF, closing and then opening this site again, but I can't get the changes to show up. Is the problem on the server? Seems odd that the same profile in FF behaves differently in these two cases.

I have adblocker and SocialFixer as add-ons but little else.

I looked into mouse-over for the icons but they way I implemented them, as background images in a div, didn't seem amenable to the usual techniques. I need to revisit this. For other images that are links I simply used the "title".

Mike

m610

Post Posted May 24th, 2019, 9:54 am

There is currently only one image in the Jewelry album.

I fixed the "form" typo, too, and I can't get it to show up.

Return to Firefox Support