MozillaZine

Problems after crash/sudden shutdown. [Solved.]

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
walkerpbus

User avatar
 
Posts: 1025
Joined: August 15th, 2004, 2:11 pm
Location: Duncanville, TX, USA

Post Posted May 29th, 2018, 1:17 pm

It must be a profile problem but the Mozilla instruction are very confusing & seem to put me in a loop. I have top restore using a recent backup by Mozbackup to correct the page which keeps wanting to re-download the current Firefox. :?: Tell me the quickest method even if an old *.bat File is used. Desperately HELP?
Win 10 Pro on my originally Dell Optiplex System 7 desktop, but now 32-bit latest Windows 10. Usually latest or latest-1 Thunderbird on all machines. Would like soon to buy a new laptop if my finances permit.

Brummelchen
 
Posts: 3464
Joined: March 19th, 2005, 10:51 am

Post Posted May 29th, 2018, 2:01 pm

forget mozbackup, its extremely buggy
MozBackup is not being developed anymore. There are known issues and there is no time on my side to fix all issues and develop new features. Use MozBackup only on your risk. Thanks for understanding.


its files is ZIP, so rename it to ZIP and extract this content to a fresh profile:

This article explains how to selectively transfer Firefox user data and settings to a new Firefox profile
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Transferring_ ... _-_Firefox

therube

User avatar
 
Posts: 18679
Joined: March 10th, 2004, 9:59 pm
Location: Maryland USA

Post Posted May 29th, 2018, 5:55 pm

the page which keeps wanting to re-download the current Firefox

Explain?
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript

walkerpbus

User avatar
 
Posts: 1025
Joined: August 15th, 2004, 2:11 pm
Location: Duncanville, TX, USA

Post Posted May 30th, 2018, 12:34 pm

therube wrote:
the page which keeps wanting to re-download the current Firefox

Explain?
Brummelchen wrote:forget mozbackup, its extremely buggy
MozBackup is not being developed anymore. There are known issues and there is no time on my side to fix all issues and develop new features. Use MozBackup only on your risk. Thanks for understanding.


its files is ZIP, so rename it to ZIP and extract this content to a fresh profile:

This article explains how to selectively transfer Firefox user data and settings to a new Firefox profile
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Transferring_ ... _-_Firefox

Sir/Ma'am I think There's a different method: Backup the desired Firefox to
Win 10 Pro on my originally Dell Optiplex System 7 desktop, but now 32-bit latest Windows 10. Usually latest or latest-1 Thunderbird on all machines. Would like soon to buy a new laptop if my finances permit.

therube

User avatar
 
Posts: 18679
Joined: March 10th, 2004, 9:59 pm
Location: Maryland USA

Post Posted May 30th, 2018, 12:58 pm

Which is the Sir & which is the Ma'am, or are you just covering all bases ;-).
I hope I'm one or the other, or both, for all I care.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript

walkerpbus

User avatar
 
Posts: 1025
Joined: August 15th, 2004, 2:11 pm
Location: Duncanville, TX, USA

Post Posted May 30th, 2018, 1:35 pm

walkerpbus wrote:
therube wrote:
the page which keeps wanting to re-download the current Firefox

Explain?
Brummelchen wrote:forget mozbackup, its extremely buggy
MozBackup is not being developed anymore. There are known issues and there is no time on my side to fix all issues and develop new features. Use MozBackup only on your risk. Thanks for understanding.


its files is ZIP, so rename it to ZIP and extract this content to a fresh profile:

This article explains how to selectively transfer Firefox user data and settings to a new Firefox profile
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Transferring_ ... _-_Firefox

Sir/Ma'am I think There's a different method: Backup the desired Firefox to
Sir/Ma'am, I forgot to mention Mozbackup still works & I have not seen any problems with it when restoring from it's back
therube wrote:Which is the Sir & which is the Ma'am, or are you just covering all bases ;-). I hope I'm one or the other, or both, for all I care.
Yes sir./ma'am. I grew up in Iowa but service in 1953-54 Korean war taught me to say it: Furthermore I married a Texan lady while attending Moody Bible Institute after that service
Win 10 Pro on my originally Dell Optiplex System 7 desktop, but now 32-bit latest Windows 10. Usually latest or latest-1 Thunderbird on all machines. Would like soon to buy a new laptop if my finances permit.

walkerpbus

User avatar
 
Posts: 1025
Joined: August 15th, 2004, 2:11 pm
Location: Duncanville, TX, USA

Post Posted May 30th, 2018, 1:36 pm

walkerpbus wrote:
therube wrote:
the page which keeps wanting to re-download the current Firefox

Explain?
Brummelchen wrote:forget mozbackup, its extremely buggy
MozBackup is not being developed anymore. There are known issues and there is no time on my side to fix all issues and develop new features. Use MozBackup only on your risk. Thanks for understanding.


its files is ZIP, so rename it to ZIP and extract this content to a fresh profile:

This article explains how to selectively transfer Firefox user data and settings to a new Firefox profile
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Transferring_ ... _-_Firefox

Sir/Ma'am I think There's a different method: Backup the desired Firefox to
Win 10 Pro on my originally Dell Optiplex System 7 desktop, but now 32-bit latest Windows 10. Usually latest or latest-1 Thunderbird on all machines. Would like soon to buy a new laptop if my finances permit.

walkerpbus

User avatar
 
Posts: 1025
Joined: August 15th, 2004, 2:11 pm
Location: Duncanville, TX, USA

Post Posted June 4th, 2018, 1:56 pm

Folks all you won't believe it: All I did was get the latest Firefox setup (same as before installed); reinstall over top of it; Restart Windows & here I am, closing the question
Last edited by walkerpbus on June 5th, 2018, 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Win 10 Pro on my originally Dell Optiplex System 7 desktop, but now 32-bit latest Windows 10. Usually latest or latest-1 Thunderbird on all machines. Would like soon to buy a new laptop if my finances permit.

DanRaisch
Moderator

User avatar
 
Posts: 119601
Joined: September 23rd, 2004, 8:57 pm
Location: Somewhere on the right coast

Post Posted June 4th, 2018, 2:34 pm

Brummelchen wrote:its files is ZIP, so rename it to ZIP and extract this content to a fresh profile:

This article explains how to selectively transfer Firefox user data and settings to a new Firefox profile
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Transferring_ ... _-_Firefox

walkerpbus

User avatar
 
Posts: 1025
Joined: August 15th, 2004, 2:11 pm
Location: Duncanville, TX, USA

Post Posted June 11th, 2018, 1:20 pm

walkerpbus wrote:Folks all you won't believe it: All I did was get the latest Firefox setup (same as before installed); reinstall over top of it; Restart Windows & here I am, closing the question
:D & I will unsubscribe
Win 10 Pro on my originally Dell Optiplex System 7 desktop, but now 32-bit latest Windows 10. Usually latest or latest-1 Thunderbird on all machines. Would like soon to buy a new laptop if my finances permit.

LIMPET235
Moderator

User avatar
 
Posts: 38250
Joined: October 19th, 2007, 1:53 am
Location: The South Coast of N.S.W. Oz.

Post Posted June 12th, 2018, 5:27 am

Seeing as the OP has fixed the problem,
this is getting locked to stop any spam from accumulating.
Ancient Amateur Astronomer
Win-7-HP/IntelĀ® DualCore-2.0GHz/500G HDD/4 Gig Ram/550Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-20.0-57.0/T-bird-2.0.0.24/SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.11.0.
RadioYachting. (Always choose the "Custom" Install.)

Return to Firefox Support


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 5 guests