MozillaZine

latest version

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
walkerpbus

Post Posted November 15th, 2017, 1:36 pm

I lost most of my tabs & don't know how to restore the the old tabs in the new version. It also messed up my print settings. Some apparant add-ons like drop dupe tabs don't work even though they survived the update. Let's focus on the restore however for the sake of this item.
Win 10 Pro on my originally Dell Optiplex System 7 desktop. Usually latest or latest-1 Thunderbird on all machines. Would like soon to buy a new laptop if my finances permit.

therube

Post Posted November 15th, 2017, 1:41 pm

Do you have a backup?
At the least, backup what you have now, including the /sessionstore-backups/ directory.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript

walkerpbus

Post Posted November 15th, 2017, 2:13 pm

therube wrote:Do you have a backup?
At the least, backup what you have now, including the /sessionstore-backups/ directory.

Thanks for your reply sir/ma'am Where do you find it if it exists?
Win 10 Pro on my originally Dell Optiplex System 7 desktop. Usually latest or latest-1 Thunderbird on all machines. Would like soon to buy a new laptop if my finances permit.

walkerpbus

Post Posted November 17th, 2017, 1:03 pm

to all: I am now in safe mode & the clutter still exists!

walkerpbus

Post Posted November 24th, 2017, 2:06 pm

therube wrote:Do you have a backup?

Please tell me the choices for backup & how to do it.

DanRaisch

Post Posted November 24th, 2017, 2:10 pm

See this thread for information on backing up your profile -- http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile_backup
Note that MozBackup is no longer being supported by the author. It may work well for restoring data to the same Firefox version as the backup was made from but not when moving forward or back in the versions. Also, if using MozBackup,m be sure to test restoration of the profile when everything is working properly before relying on it to recover from a profile failure.

Return to Firefox Support