MozillaZine

Firefox 59 not display some pages

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
marklang

Post Posted March 19th, 2018, 5:12 am

I recently upgraded to Firefox 59.0.1. When I did that, many web pages stopped working. This includes Facebook, for example, and some Ebay pages. It seems like pages with complex dynamic activity stopped working. I uninstalled and reinstalled Firefox 58.0.2, and everything seems to be working again. What is happening?
Mark Lang

DanRaisch

Post Posted March 19th, 2018, 9:31 am

It could be an extension that was not yet updated to work with version 59.x

You might try installing 59.0.1 again and then launch Firefox in Mozilla Safe Mode -- http://kb.mozillazine.org/Safe_mode

marklang

Post Posted March 19th, 2018, 11:04 am

Thanks. I did not have the problems in Safe mode with 59.0.1. However, I did go into Addons and temporarily disable every extension, and this made no difference. I still had the problems. I guess I will just wait a few days and try to upgrade again.
Mark Lang

DanRaisch

Post Posted March 19th, 2018, 11:35 am

When things work properly in Safe Mode but not in Standard Mode it often indicates that an installed extension is causing problems but Safe Mode also has other effects.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quoting dfoulkes:

-- What safe-mode does ..... Safe Mode temporarily affects the following:
* All extensions are disabled. --- * The userChrome.css and userContent.css files are ignored.
* The default theme is used, without a persona. --- * The default toolbar layout is used.
* The Just-in-time (JIT) JavaScript compiler is disabled. --- * Hardware acceleration is disabled.

-- Safe Mode has no effect on the following --
* The status of plugins is not affected.
* Custom preferences are not affected.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

dickvl

Post Posted March 19th, 2018, 4:47 pm

Try to disable hardware acceleration in Firefox.

See also this bug:
Bug 1435472 - Invalid page rendering with hardware acceleration enabled

Please do not comment in bug reports
https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/page.cgi?id=etiquette.html

val5662

Post Posted March 19th, 2018, 8:44 pm

I had the same problem with Firefox version 59.0.1 and disabling hardware acceleration worked like a charm. :D Here is a link to the Firefox, Official Support site that tells you exactly how to do it. https://mzl.la/2cql3rT
Val

Return to Firefox Support